World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Partnerships Specialist
Report to: Programme Quality Director
Location: Kampala – National Office
Purpose of the position:
To provide strategic leadership and coordination of all key partnerships under the WV Uganda National Strategy. This will entail support to new and ongoing technical partnerships for grant funded programmes at national and field level, strategic partnerships with key donors, peer NGOs / CBOs, learning partners and government ministries. This position will also be responsible for promoting good practice in partnering across World Vision Uganda, reviewing all potential partners for due diligence and strategic alignment and monitoring the performance of partnerships in order the maximise and broaden learning and impact across WV Uganda programmes.
Promoting Partnering Knowledge and Competencies
- Provide guidance in programme design and implementation in regard to WVUs Development Programming Approach (DPA)
- Collaborate with P&C to assess and support staff capacity building requirements for partnering
- Promote a culture and practice of partnering as a means of achieving greater impact in WV Uganda programmes and strategic initiatives
- Implement staff & partner capacity enhancement to improve on their knowledge & skill levels in the areas of partnering, networking, collaboration & sub-granting
- Organize and facilitate forums to enhance the sharing & learning of best practices among WV partners
- Coordinate the development of partnering guidelines
- Coordinate the implementation of the Partner of Choice action plan
- Review all partnering MOUs to ensure adherence to WV standards & procedures
- In collaboration with Resource Development Unit, develop partnership prequalification procedure and tailored sub-grant management SOPs
- Coordinate due diligence process with all the key business units: Grants, Finance, Programme Operations and provide consolidated reports.
- Conduct partner mapping to preposition for future partnerships and collaboration.
- Develop, monitor and report on partner performance metrics
- Facilitate the annual partnership health check to build and review partner portfolios based on Partnership Performance and Health Checks
Partnership communication and information management
- Coordinate the process of success stories and lessons write up and documentation on partnering
- Create online knowledge sharing platform for and with other key partners.
- Collaborate closely with different departments to consistently institutionalize Partnering in WVU systems and processes.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- At least a Bachelors in International Relations, Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration or related field. A Master’s degree in a development discipline is an added advantage.
- 10 years’ experience working in diverse partnering situations including some multi-stakeholder, private sector and multi-sectoral partnerships.
- 5 years’ field experience working in the area of international development with full understanding and practice of in working with and through partners
- At least 3 years in a management or leadership position
- Knowledge of the humanitarian and development sector.
- Ability to facilitate discussion with senior colleagues, such as Senior Leadership Team and Board members as well as appropriate peers from other organizations and sectors.
- Ability to work through others i.e. ability to influence without having authority to decide.
- Experience and skills in engaging, negotiating and influencing the development of successful multisector partnerships.
- Excellent resource development skills, presentation skills and able to effectively communicate concepts and actions in a clear and persuasive manner across programmes and organizational levels.
- Understanding of financial management and resource allocation.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to structure and manage one’s own work.
- Experience in capacity building of local institutions
- Strategic thinking and strong understanding of DME (ideally applied to partnerships).
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda