Malteser International is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
Malteser International has been working in Uganda since 1996, with projects in several regions of the country. In Northern Uganda and more specifically in the West Nile region, MI is currently active in the sectors of WASH, livelihood and environment for improving the lives of both the refugee population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water and sanitation. Livelihood and environment components complement the approach. In the capital Kampala Malteser International’s focus lies on the health sector with the development of an operative ambulance system, an improved care for physiotherapy patients and the support of an initiative for mothers of disabled children.
For its work in Kampala, Uganda, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Partner Project Manager (m/f/d) – National Position.
As the Partner Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning, reviewing, reporting, and implementing a Disability inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction (DiDRR) and One Health Project, supporting the Suubi Lyaffe organization.
- Regularly attend technical working group meetings at national and district levels
- Regularly liaise with Malteser International local partners in Kampala, Arua, and South West for effective information sharing and communication
- Responsible to oversee the timely implementation of Disability inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction (DiDRR), One Health (OH), and Malteser International projects with ‘own funds’ such as the long-term support to Suubi Lyaffe to ensure that scope, budget, time, and quality are in accordance with the respective project specifications, donor requirements, and Malteser International rules and regulations
- Ensure proper planning, reporting, documentation, monitoring, and periodic project reviews by closely working with the respective partner(s) and MEAL coordinator
- Jointly with Malteser International partner admin, ensure sound financial management of the projects and oversee all procurement efforts for supplies and services, ensuring that the processes are transparent and in line with Malteser International and donor regulations
- Proposal writing coordination, especially on Malteser International’s own projects such as with Suubi Lyaffe
- Contribute to organize an internal workshop on Lessons learned on partner project approach and management
- Bachelor’s or (preferably) MSC in Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant disciplines
- At least 5 years of relevant experience managing similar projects
- Proven experience in project planning, proposal and report writing, networking, partnership-building, and working with INGOs
- Budget control and financial management, including the ability to read and understand financial data
- Conversant with Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction (DiDRR), Project Cycle Management, Gender, One Health, and Community Based approaches
- Good understanding of the Humanitarian Inclusion Standards and the IASC Guidelines on Disability Inclusion
What we offer:
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duty Station: Kampala
- Duration of contract:1 year with possible extension subject to donor funding
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package,13th pay cheque
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at our job portal. Kindly submit your extensive application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) until 27 November 2022.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda