To lead the Optical team to achieving excellence and also examine patients’ eyes to enable detection of vision problems, diseases and other abnormal conditions, with a view of prescribing corrections, and measures as may be necessary.
Job Description: You will be responsible for:
- Provide administrative leadership to expand and build the unit and ensure quality, patients’ satisfaction and community recognition.
- Receive patients and carry out eye assessment and make prescriptions for glasses.
- In co-ordination with the storekeeper, routinely check stock and ensure that all products on demand are stocked.
- Advise management on the new products on demand and make recommendations based on well researched information.
- Measure clients’ bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centers of eyes, using measuring devices.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications ensuring that they are fitted, adjusted and repaired properly.
- Prepare work orders and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
- Assist clients in selecting frames according to style and color, and ensure that frames are coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Perform administrative duties such as tracking inventory and sales, overseeing submitting patient insurance information, and performing simple bookkeeping.
- Participate in community outreach programs or field visits.
- Prepare and submit reports to management on patients seen and items sold at the Optical unit and the field visits.
- Supervise other optical unit staff
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree/Diploma in Optometry/ Diploma in Clinical Officer with a training in refraction as a MUST.
- At least three years experience in refraction and leading a team.
- Fluency in English in both oral and written communication.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to to use Opthalmic and Optometry testing equipment
- Willingness to support UPMB’s mission.
Deadline : 2021-11-26
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Ruharo, Mbarara, Uganda