Opportunity International partners with financial institutions across the African continent to deliver financial services to mainly rural underserved communities to help end the cycle of poverty through 2 main pillars: Agricultural Finance and Education Finance, as well as training and business support.
As part of the Opportunity International’s Africa team, the Opportunity Zone Manager will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of all projects within the Opportunity Zone, monitoring and evaluation, and the design of new interventions in the Zone. The Zone Manager will work collaboratively with all implementing partners and staff in Opportunity Bank Uganda (OBUL), providing oversight for implementation of activities and ongoing support to partners to effectively implement their projects, meet deadlines, increase their capacities, carry out field visits, and prepare reports for the organisation and its donors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with the three OBUL branches in the Opportunity Zone to ensure that the project is aligned with the Zones strategic objectives, implemented and tracked: the project implementation includes but is not limited to planning and coordinating mass customer outreach initiatives in collaboration with officers in the Zone as well as working with OI’s EduFin team to coordinate collaborative work in the Zone.
- Liaising with each OBUL branch to ensure thorough outreach is done to facilitate uptake of the solutions to the challenges in the Zone.
- Participating in programme visits to projects/partners for the development and ongoing monitoring of project activities.
- Liaising with partners, consultants, and other individuals/organisations for the development and implementation of the organisation’s programmes/activities.
- Ensure partner review and reflection events are held on a regular basis for experience sharing and learning.
- Ensure sustainability of program intervention through promoting mechanisms that promote ownership and continuity.
- Compiling reports of meetings, workshops, training, etc.
Understanding the agriculture Client & Customer Development
- Coordinating with the three branches in the Zone to facilitate increased access to financial services through initiatives such as identify CBOs that should be registered as cooperatives and coordinating with UCFA to facilitate this transition etc.
- Identifying and flagging operational bottlenecks faced by customers in the Zone and propose solutions to facilitate their mitigation.
- Gathering and tracking on-ground needs and changes in agricultural needs of the farmers.
- Coordinating with implementing partners in the zone, e.g., UCFA, KDS, D&S, Agric Insurance Consortium, to ensure uptake of partner initiatives in the branches.
- Conducting value chain analysis in the zone to determining bottlenecks in agriculture and designing solutions to these challenges.
- Observing trends in agriculture and mapping out trends in agriculture to determine industry shifts and identifying areas for investment and outreach.
Partnerships and Stakeholder Management
- Develop and manage co-operations and partnerships with non-governmental and governmental partners, providing advice on the operationalization of those collaborations.
- Contribute to the development of proposals for various donors.
- As needed, representing the organisation in diverse meetings with governmental and non-governmental partners.
- Liaise with local government authorities in the three areas to build support systems including facilitating registration of CBOs into cooperatives.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- The role will use the monitoring and evaluation tools that will be established by Opportunity on impact assessment including Fin Lit, Gap training, Farming as a Family Business etc.
- Oversight on data capture from facilitators into the Impact Atlas platform for the YEC project.
- Integrate with the project logical framework matrix.
- Field-based monitoring visits, and tracking client success stories
- Report into Opportunity with data on impact, to assess the effectiveness, scalability and impact of the new products and to recommend any further refinement.
- In charge of periodic technical backstopping to partners to ensure high quality program implementation.
- Conducting project reviews to track progress, and regularly assess project components, so as to measure achievements that can be effectively communicated to key stakeholders.
- Design risk mitigation plan, optimising and improving processes where necessary
Farmer Support Agents
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with INGOs in development, agriculture, or related field.
- Understanding of agriculture finance and development issues, regionally, and globally.
- Excellent understanding of project management, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Project experience of working with governmental partners.
- Experience in conducting capacity development measures for different groups of stakeholders.
- Proven experience in program management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and presentation and training skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Driving License required.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Fulfil all aspects for the strategic plan for the Opportunity Zone in Mityana in collaboration with the Africa Regional Director, Chief Business Officer (OBUL) and the Opportunity support team.
- Grow Opportunity’s customer base in the Mityana zone at least 5-fold in the next 5 years in line with the Africa Strategy.
- Undertake training of TVET graduates in Financial Literacy and entrepreneurship per curriculum set by OI’s Edufinance department.
- Head, Education Finance
- Head, Agriculture Finance
- Chief Business Officer
- Regional Accounting Manager
- Office Manager, Africa Regional Office
- Branch Managers
- Small holder farmers
- Occasional travel within the Uganda
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Mityana, Uganda