Our client Sprout Capital Investments, a private members investment club would like to recruit an Operations Manager for their new bulk grain purchase, storage, and milling business enterprise. Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the business including overseeing the planning and coordination of all the operational activities at the plant to ensure a smooth, efficient grain purchase, handling, storage, and supply business operation that meets international quality standards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall day to day operations, management, and maintenance of the company’s grain handling, processing and storage equipment.
- Responsible for the storage, handling, quality control, testing, weighing, maintenance of the grain quality and bagging of the grain on site.
- Responsible for the overall security, process, and procedures of grain handling within the storage site as well as the efficient movement of the grain in and out of the storage site.
- Organizes the coordination of receival trucks for bulk grain in to and out of the site; bagging and loading of trucks for delivery of grain to various customers and distribution centers.
- Ensure inventory is stored appropriately to ensure safety and quality standard.
- Ensure periodic quality controls and checks of stock including testing, weighing grain and fumigation.
- Develop and implement Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and procedures to ensure HSE obligations are fulfilled, including the training of all employees in their HSE obligations and their roles.
- Supervise, lead and coach a team of the company’s operational staff including organizing resourcing levels, to meet the company objectives.
- Prepare monthly operational reports to communicate performance metrics including grain inventory, supply, and movement, as well as records relating to areas of safety, logistics, procurement, human resources, inventory etc.
- Ensure routine and preventative maintenance is performed on all equipment to verify safety, efficiency, and productivity requirements for the facility are met.
- Ensure proper silo maintenance and that bagging of grains and bulk load out of grains are carried out properly as per requirements.
- Continually seek new and improved methods to achieve operational efficiency.
- Performing other ad-hoc duties as directed by the General Manager.
Qualifications and experience
- A good Honors Degree in Food Technology, Grain Quality Management, Procurement and Storage, or any other related field is a requirement.
- At least five (5) years of proven experience in facilities operations management, storage, warehousing, and bulk handling of commodities preferably in an agri-business or fast-moving consumer goods environment.
- Proven experience and effectiveness in the management of a grain storage, good knowledge and experience of fumigation and pesticide management in relation to grains and cereals is essential.
- Project Management and strong experience and knowledge of commercial grain handling and processing using a commercial ERP system would be an added advantage.
- Excellent judgment, analytical, planning, organizational and supervisory skills with very strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Commercial knowledge of the agri-business commodities industry parameters with a good appreciation for operational costs of crops especially grains and cereals.
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their CV and a cover letter highlighting how their experience is relevant to the Duties and Responsibilities described above to [email protected] by not later than Friday 24th September 2021.
The CV must include 3 referees including their e-mail address and telephone number.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda