I&M Bank Uganda is a commercial bank headquartered at Kampala Road plot 6/6A with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers. We are seeking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
JOB TITLE: Operational Risk Officer
LOCATION: Head Office
REPORTS TO: Manager-Operational Risk & Assurance
Assist in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and Operational risk management/ Business Continuity Management/ Fraud Risk Management/ Incident Management at the department/unit level.
- To support senior management to effectively deploy Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) Business Continuity Management Framework, Fraud Risk Management Framework, and Incident Management Framework within the Bank.
- Perform Operational risk stress testing that will help to maintain a forward-looking risk profile of the Bank that captures the major risks, ensuring that risks that might impact multiple businesses and/or support functions are captured, and actions initiated to mitigate and control risks leading to a reduction in operational losses within the Bank’s risk appetite.
- Independently assess’ risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users and Lines of Defence to better understand and deliver customer requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external business environment.
- Project Risk- Perform Operational risk, BCM, Fraud risk assessments to support implementation of new and existing projects.
- Analyses a multitude of scorecards/performance management tools in an attempt to mitigate exposure (risk/financial/regulatory)
- Promote a no surprise environment by performing snap checks on branch cash, targeted controls, etc.
- Train staff adequately annually in Operational Risk Management/ ORMF/ BCM/ FRM/Incident Management policies and procedures and have access to tools and techniques to discharge their duties effectively.
- Ensure that controls and checks associated with Risk control self-assessments (RCSAs) deployment are in place and are effective and are reviewed annually.
Minimum Education Qualification & Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (B. Com, BBA, BSc, BA, B.STAT, BA ECON.)
- A professional qualification e.g., ACCA, CFA, ACIB, CPA are an added advantage
Minimum of 2 years cognate experience
Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Key Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- A good understanding of operations risk management function
- Deep knowledge of the Bank’s culture, Policies and procedures
- Innate knowledge of branch operations
- In-depth industry and product knowledge
- High level of IT proficiency particularly knowledge of data analysis tools.
Note: Deadline for this job posting is 22nd March 2023 at 12:00pm and o1234567890-=033
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Salary Offer 300000 - 5000000 USD 300000 - 5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda