PAU/EHS /085/401: OFFICER, OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY (1 VACANCY)
10.1 JOB SUMMARY
The Officer, Occupational Safety will be responsible for promoting a safety culture at the Petroleum Authority of Uganda through facilitation of compliance of Oil and Gas operations to the legal and regulatory frameworks for occupational safety.
10.2 KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- a) Ensuring compliance of the operations in the Oil and Gas sector with the applicable legal and regulatory frameworks for occupational safety and international best
- b) Undertake field inspections and audits to assess safety management during Oil and Gas
- c) Participate in the review and advise on the adequacy of the policy, legal and regulatory framework for occupational health and safety
- d) Respond to emergency situations and incidents related to health and safety either during or after regular working hours to provide technical assistance and advice.
- e) Recommend the acquisition of safety equipment, related supplies, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with established PAU requirements.
- f) Support collaborations between the PAU and other relevant stakeholders on health and safety management for the Oil and Gas
- g) Initiate and coordinate occupational safety training of staff of the PAU and other relevant
- h) Analyze and investigate incidents and other dangerous occurrences during Oil and Gas
- i) Analyze leading and lagging safety indicators for the Oil and Gas sector and provide comprehensive trend analysis
- j) Participate in ensuring a safe working environment for the
- k) Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to time
10.3 QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
10.3.1 Basic Qualifications
- a) A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science or any other relevant discipline from an internationally recognized institution
- b) Professional qualification in occupational safety management such as NEBOSH, IOSH, ISO 45001, etc.
10.3.2 Working Experience
A minimum of three (3) years’ relevant working experience in the administration of safety and accident prevention programs in a large-scale industry establishment or infrastructure project.
10.3.3 Added advantage
- a) A Master’s degree in Engineering or any relevant Physical, Biological and Health Science discipline.
- b) Experience in monitoring, planning, and communicating activity occupational safety plans in busy working
10.3.3 Character and Competencies
- a) Analytical and report writing
- b) Interpersonal and good communication skills. c) Stakeholder management
- d) Conceptual and analytical
- e) Knowledge of the relevant Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) legal and regulatory framework.
- f) Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic g) A high demonstrable level of integrity and confidentiality.
HOW TO APPLY:
PAU will ONLY consider on line applications submitted through its website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and go to the link “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday, 5th December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach only CERTIFIED copies of ALL the required academic documents like Degrees, Transcripts, Diplomas, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
- Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda