PAU/EHS/084/401: OFFICER, OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH (1 VACANCY)
9.1 JOB SUMMARY
The Officer for Occupational Health will support the Senior Officer, Occupational Health to ensure compliance of the Oil and Gas operations with the relevant legal and regulatory framework for Occupational Health. He/she will be responsible for monitoring implementation of wellness and health management programs for staff and ensure that risks related to chemical, physical and biological hazards are reduced to as low as reasonably practicable.
9.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- a) Ensure compliance of the operations of licensees with the national occupational health and safety legal and regulatory framework and international best practices.
- b) Undertake surveillance of hazards through sampling, measuring or testing for physical, chemical, and biological exposures in the workplace environment and ensure implementation of appropriate risk management
- c) Lead the evaluation of ergonomic factors that may affect workers’ health through
surveys and inspection of the working environment in the Oil and Gas sector and at the Petroleum Authority of Uganda.
- d) Undertake occupational health inspections and audits for the PAU working environment and the Oil and Gas operations and
- e) Participate in the development of occupational health and safety systems, policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals for the Oil and Gas sector and the Petroleum Authority of Uganda.
- f) Participate in reviewing of occupational health and safety documents submitted by the licensed Oil and Gas
- g) Respond to and participate in investigation and analysis of occupational diseases, accidents, complaints and other dangerous occurrences to identify root causes and ensure implementation of corrective
- h) Participate in the establishment of a structured programme of occupational health & safety training for the PAU and other relevant stakeholders in the Oil and Gas
- i) Raise awareness and identify emerging occupational health and industrial hygiene issues for the Oil and Gas
- j) Analyze occupational risks, injuries and exposure data for trends and provide comprehensive and clear statistics for the Oil and Gas
- k) Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to time
9.3 QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
9.3.1 Educational Qualifications
- a) A Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Physical, Biological and Health Science or any other relevant discipline from an Internationally recognized institution.
- b) Professional qualification in occupational health management such as NEBOSH, ISO:45001, certified industrial hygienist, IOSH, etc.
9.3.2 Working Experience
A minimum of three (3) years’ working experience in occupational health management in a busy reputable organisation.
9.3.3 Added advantage
- a) A master’s degree in Engineering or any relevant Physical, Biological and Health Science discipline.
- b) Experience in monitoring, planning, and communicating activity occupational health plans in a busy working env
9.3.4 Character and Competencies
- a) Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- b)Strong interpersonal, listening and negotiating
- c)Ability to influence decision-making to diverse groups at all technical levels.
- d)Meticulous, with excellent prioritization and follow-up.
- e)Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
PAU will ONLY consider on line applications submitted through its website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and go to the link “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday, 5th December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach only CERTIFIED copies of ALL the required academic documents like Degrees, Transcripts, Diplomas, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
- Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to email@example.com or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda