The position reports administratively to the Manager Networks & Infrastructure.
Role of the Job:
To administer and oversee network design, implementation, organization and troubleshooting the bank’s Network. To oversee work of technical support staff and service providers in managing network switches, routers, and firewalls including monitoring underlying communications protocols and supporting network hardware
Key Result Areas:
- Maintain a stable WAN/LAN network infrastructure.
- Manage internal and external access control to the Bank network
- Ensure Bank data confidentiality, integrity and availability over the Bank WAN/LAN.
- Perform network and security technology needs analysis and advise the Bank accordingly.
- Ensure stable and secure internet connectivity for all bank internet based systems (Western Union, RTGS, SWIFT, VPNs, Email and Browsing).
- Design, configure and maintain Bank Networks and documentation.
- Install, configure, deploy and monitor the Patch Management processes for network devices.
- Set up online hardware at both Primary and DR Site.
- Manage DR Site by ensuring Network Availability
- Set up WAN and LAN in branches.
- Installation of backup data leased lines and Increase bandwidth in branches.
- DRP, Virtual infrastructure, Data backup and Replication management of all Bank Systems
- Structured cabling infrastructure management
- Interpret and implement all ICT established policies and procedures.
- Guarantee and ensure security and compliance with different systems and regulations.
- Carry out daily ICT tasks.
- Report for duty on time and perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the line managers
Minimum educational and technical competence requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or related field and a CISCO certification in networking.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a WAN /LAN environment, which must include configuring switches, routers and firewalls.
- Broad understanding of computer systems, Network operating systems and computer applications
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network problems, install and operate network monitoring tool and maintain network documentation.
- Ability to work independently at any Branch in an IT support capacity
- Good analytical, diagnostic, communication and reporting skills.
- Good People management skills and ability to manage third party contractors
Suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, and Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it, as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV to [email protected]. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Closing date for submission of applications is 15th October, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY. Please note: As per Bank procedures, No job offers are made online.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda