Title: The National Executive Secretary
Responsible to: Chief Commissioner
Key Working Relationships: Chief Commissioner, Programme Officer, Project Managers, Regional Commissioners, District Commissioners, District Executive Commissioners and Regional Committees.
APPLICATION DEADLINE 10TH FEBRUARY 2023
Job Purpose: NES is the head of the secretariat; oversees programs, finance and human resources, manages internal and external communications and public relations and is answerable to the board and is the secretary to the Board of the organization.
Strategic direction and management
• Provide leadership in the development of strategic plans and budgets for all programs in the organisation.
• Provide leadership to the Programme Team towards achieving the objectives of the association strategic plan.
• Review and ensure alignment of program priorities, strategies and plans
• Support the board and the Management Team to lead the development of both strategic and operational plans in accordance with organization Strategy.
- Performance management
• Develop clear job descriptions and employee performance plans which includes the key result areas (KRA’) and performance indicators.
• Provide continuous coaching and feedback during the period of delivery of performance.
• Identify the training and development needs by measuring the outcomes achieved against the set standards and implementing effective development programs for improvement.
• Hold quarterly performance development discussions and evaluating employee performance on the basis of performance plans.
• Providing promotional/career development support and guidance to the employees.
• Perform exit interviews for understanding the cause of employee discontentment and thereafter exit from an organization.
Monitoring and evaluation
• Provide overall supervision of the organisation M&E strategy though;
• Developing the overall M&E framework, for projects and programmes, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation,
• Develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems
• Provide feedback on performance indicators of programmes/projects.
- Financial management and control.
- Monitor the organisation budget and financial performance by;
• Overseeing the operations and development of the association’s finance departments including creating and reviewing policies, budgeting, recruiting, training and conducting regular assessments of financial procedures.
• Supervise the preparation of quarterly and annual account reconciliations, monitor and enforce compliance with financial reporting standards and assist with cash flow forecasting.
• Act as the bank agent of UGGA and ensure the organisation seal and other important documents (sale agreements, land titles) are kept in the bank. These can only be picked by a registered trustee.
• Develop and manage the implementation of an overall fundraising strategy and plan of the association
• Establishing, maintaining and strengthening relations with key funding partners, members, the Board of Directors and other external stakeholders
• Developing and managing partnership activities and high-level events
• Proactively seeking and exploring fundraising opportunities, including grant challenges and awards
• Writing and producing comprehensive and compelling major proposals and campaign reports
• Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
• Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
• Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
• Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
• Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
• Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
• Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
• Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
• Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
• Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
• Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
• Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
• Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
The job description will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change
• Must possess a Master’s degree or post graduate in management, development studies or any relevant field related to the position
• Must have had over 10 years working experience in a reputable organization at managerial level
• Must be Girl Guide and has undergone two stages of second class tests in guiding.
Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy.
All applicants must attach professional, academic Documents and any other relevant information to the post applied for, National ID and motivational letter stating why you’re the most suitable candidate for the post applied for is a must.
Applications should be submitted to:
The Chief Commissioner,
Uganda Girl Guides Association,
P.O. Box 696,Bombo Road, Kampala and in soft copy to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants can access a detailed job description and requirements on the UGGA website, www.girlguidesuganda.org and also at UGGA Headquarters’ notice board at Buganda Road, Bombo Rd
DOWNLOAD: NATIONAL EXECUTIVE SECRETARY JD
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda