Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager (Full Time)
No of Vacancy : 1
Terms: Contract basis based on performance
Reports to : Executive Officer.
Location: UDHA headquarters in Iganga, with frequent travels in the districts of operation
Job Purpose: The job holder will provide overall M&E technical guidance and ensure existence of a functional M&E system that supports all existing projects. Routinely review and monitor implementation of M & E management systems and guidelines for measuring and tracking project performance & and manage the utilization of data and information to guide the implementation of the project.
Job roles and responsibilities, Specification and Competences for the Job.
- Develop plans and user-appropriate quality tools, and control systems that guarantee proper management of information and data at all levels
- Keep abreast of developments in project changes & recommendation tools and strategies to increase project performance and results.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within the project team.
- Assist Program teams to develop systematic and realistic performance monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on project performance indicators.
- Coordinate the implementations of baseline surveys, follow-on monitoring and evaluation exercises for UDHA’s projects.
- Build capacity of partners and staff on data management, data analysis and results-oriented programming, monitoring and evaluation and report writing techniques and requirements.
- Develop program and operational reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of information in programs.
- Take lead and coordinate technical annual, quarterly & monthly reporting according to defined reporting schedules and write regular monitoring and technical reports as required.
- Facilitate documentation and reporting of assessments, program data, lessons learnt and best practices for internal and external sharing.
- Develop and maintain effective information database on projects, providing resources and necessary support for program inputs and outputs.
- Provide assistance to senior management of the organization in identifying donor resources, fundraising and writing proposals for long-term sustainability.
- Supervise departmental staff and ensure all planned activities are implemented as per work plans.
- Ensure that donor, partners, and UDHA management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Actively participate in resource mobilization activities for the organization
- Perform any other duties assigned to you from time to time by your supervisors.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer science, Business Computing and Information Technology from a recognized and reputable Institution.
- Post graduate Qualification Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized and reputable institution is a must.
- Deep understanding of TB, HIV and AIDS and health Systems strengthening issues is desirable.
- Familiar with health system functions in Uganda, Analytical and report writing skills, Good communication skills and positive attitude to team work
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and data management packages of Ms Access, Ms Excel, SPSS, and EpiDATA.
- Demonstrated research experience and skills, is an added advantage.
- HIGH LEVEL OF INTEGRITY
- A minimum of 5 years of similar work experience in Monitoring and evaluation of donor funded project
- Candidate should be able to work independently – with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisor.
- Good knowledge and strong demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, including participatory approaches.
- Familiarity with IT applications to support M & E and information management an added advantage.
- Leadership and management skills
Competencies for the job
- Candidate should be able to work independently – with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisor
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required, excellent coordination and organizational skills.
- Presentation, facilitation and training skills.
- Ability to plan workload and demonstrate accountability for outputs with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of statistical packages (e.g. SPSS, STATA) and familiarity with IT applications to support M & E and information management an added advantage.
CANDIDATES FROM JINJA AND SURROUNDING DISTRICTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
If you believe you have the relevant qualifications and experience, please send your detailed Application and CV demonstrating possession of the relevant competencies, current position, names and addresses of three referees via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; not later than 5.00 pm. 15th December 2021 quoting the position of interest in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
While UDHA appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from UDHA one month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any telephone solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification.
Official advert: UDHA EXTERNAL JOB ADVERT
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Iganga, Iganga, Uganda