The Institute anticipates the award of a five-year USAID-funded project (2020-2015) titled USAID Program for Accelerated TB Control in Karamoja (USAID PACT-Karamoja) that aims to increase TB case detection in all districts of Karamoja region. In collaboration with key stakeholders in the region, PACT-Karamoja will focus on regional and district structures for the management of drug susceptible TB, drug resistant TB and TB preventive services in the districts of Abim, Amudat, Kaabong, Karenga, Kotido, Moroto, Nabilatuk, Nakapiripirit and Napak
The MEL Officer shall head the data management section of PACT Karamoja. The MEL Officer will provide overall management of data, over sight of documentation with in the facilities, mentorship of health facility and district staff in capturing and management of HMIS data in line with current national and USG guidelines. S/he willcollaborativelyworkdistrictbiostatisticianstoprovidetechnicaloversightofdatateamsandhealthfacility teams to ensure generation and maintenance of high quality data that informs TB and TB-HIV servile planning and implementation efforts.
- Propose and implement methods to enhance the quality of data collected by the district health information teams and project data officers.
- Propose and implement enhancements to data management system to meet the project objectives
- Carry out data analysis from the data base and provide relevant reports.
- Perform routine backups and ensure security of data captured in to the project HMIS & other electronic databases.
- Acts as the point person for all data related requests and ensure that users’ data needs are satisfied.
- Train appropriate staff at partner facilities and the district on how to collect and manage data
- Provide on-going support to ensure quality of data gathered.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency of data entered in to the project data management system, hybrid and DHIS2
- Produce and distribute reports and summaries of data for project reporting and other purposes
- Perform analysis and interpretation of data as & when required for project requirements.
- Liaises with the project M&E team and key stakeholders to ensure timely preparation of periodic reports and data summaries.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, IT or relevant field
- Additional training in data management packages is an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in data management.
- Experience in navigation of DHIS2 and USG data requirements.
- Previous experience in supporting busy TB,TB/HIV district data systems Is an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and is able to work in teams.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Moroto, Uganda