Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting a Monitoring Evaluation and Learning / FRRM Assistant for our program in Uganda to be based at Oruchinga Office. You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting directly to the Team Leader, the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning / FRRM Assistant, with technical support from MEL technical Coordinator will support in conducting both qualitative and quantitative data from field conducting field, monitoring visit and share monitoring reports undertaken as part of this program and support the planning and execution of monitoring and evaluation, ensuring quality in accordance with accepted standards, providing essential feedback for learning, accountability and decision making. He/she will review and monitor the implementation of M&E and FRRM activities, manage data collection and information at field level in line with the M & E guidelines and the ALIGHT Project goal and objectives.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting and accountability:
- Review and follow up site, monthly and any other periodic reports as required from donors such as UNHCR RRP indicators, case management statistics Uganda Refugee Response Monitoring System (URRMS) and others as need be at site level.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and planning:
- Ensure site-level adherence to M&E plans developed for donors and ALIGHT internal use.
- With support from MEL Technical Coordinator provide assistance to collect data for baseline surveys, assessments, surveys, Post distribution monitoring and any other data collection tasks to determine activities progress in relation to the set performance indicators in line with the project goal and objectives.
- Conduct field-monitoring visit for project activities and share monitoring reports to Team leader for review and cross sharing with teams.
- Administer tools for collecting and analysing data, provide feedback on program activities at field level and conduct data quality checks.
- Conduct focus group discussion for trainees in different sectors to capture training outcomes.
- Supervise enumerators in case of hiring enumerators for any assessments.
- Work sector leads and MEL Technical Coordinator to capture success stories and case studies that demonstrate impact created in the lives the beneficiaries as a result of the project interventions.
- Working with Team leader to organize site level periodic project performance review meetings in a bid to share achievements, challenges and lessons learnt to inform improvement and future programming.
Database and information management:
- Manage site databases for different project data and information generated during implementation, means of verifications and results achieved for reports and proposal development, or other informational products.
- Work with sector leads to maintain clear and transparent filing system for specific sectors and MEL section.
- Support regular data entry into the MEL databases and donor required database if required.
Monitoring FRRM complaints mechanisms:
- Ensure functionality of all Complaint Response mechanism are fully functional (suggestion boxes, FRRM, Protection desks, Community structures).
- Work with FRRM Focal points to develop and share information on monthly trends on complaints received to gauge which FRRM channel is working well and or not as well implement necessary corrective actions.
- Work with FRRM Focal points to ensure completion of targets/ activities assigned for Accountability to Affected Population Plan (e.g. FGDs etc.) – how, what, when, where, who is developed – all data received should be documented as per each sub sector.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Demography and Statistics or relevant field.
- At least two (2) years of program management, monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Fluency in Swahili and ability to ride with a valid license (Class A) is an added advantage.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent proven report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication skills & organizational skills.
- Knowledge of common Statistical analysis and database management packages Ms. Access, Ms. Excel, SPSS
- Knowledge of digital data collection such as Kobo/ODK.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Candidates from South Western region who can speak Swahili and the local languages are most prefered.
Click Here to Apply
- Salary Offer 300000-50000000 USD 300000-50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda