In Uganda, many children are being raised in orphanages, despite the fact that most of them still have families. These institutions often contribute to children losing their childhoods and opportunities for a better life. Child’s i Foundation aims to help these children reunite with their families by rebuilding family support systems and working with partners to improve government and community child protection systems. We also work with orphanages/institutions to serve the whole community and assist young people who have left care in promoting their well-being and advocating for positive policy change for children and young people. Our ultimate goal is to create and support families, rather than contribute to the creation of orphans.
If you share our values, and believe that every child has a right to grow up in a family and not in an orphanage, we want to hear from you.
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programmes
Direct reports : MEAL Officer
As the person in charge of MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning) at Child’s i Foundation, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our programs through various means, such as implementing MEAL systems, conducting evaluations, and implementing accountability initiatives. You will also be in charge of managing the MEAL budget and supervising the MEAL officer. Working with the talented team at Child’s i, you will have the chance to design and implement innovative programs and interventions.
- To work closely with the Head of Programmes to develop responsive and appropriate MEAL plans, systems which integrate the cross-cutting targets and results across all programmes.
- Lead in developing a relevant and appropriate monitoring and evaluation plan and system for the organisation’s 7-year strategy including the development of a results framework and indicators
- To participate, and in some cases lead in programme development process and to oversee implementation of already funded programmes.
- Support design and implementation of systems to collect and analyse programme performance data for evidence-based programming decisions.
- Track donor and Child’s i reporting requirements and deadlines and provide MEAL information to Project managers for drafting reports.
- Ensure all programme activities on the ground fulfil the requirements of the approved Child’s i Country strategic plan.
- To oversee the Monitoring and Evaluation of Child’s i’s programmatic activities working closely with the Head of Programmes, and the project managers.
- Provide direct supervision to the MEAL officer, and ensure that coaching and performance plans are completed on time.
- As a Quality Assurance (QA) officer, you will be responsible for ensuring that all programs and projects adhere to established quality standards and best practices. This includes designing and implementing QA processes and procedures, conducting regular audits and evaluations, and providing feedback and recommendations for improvement. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining QA documentation, including test plans and reports, and collaborating with team members to identify and resolve any issues that may arise.
- To work with the Head of Programmes to develop programme and project management tools that help to track, record and effectively run the country programme.
- Enhance learning across the programme team by driving the process of quarterly evidence reviews and provide expert inputs which feed into reporting (3 quarterly reports and an annual report).
- Support proposal development processes by providing inputs to narrative and financial planning, including the development of appropriate (SMART) indicators, costing for MEAL activities and contributing to Performance Management Plans
- Liaise with each project manager to check progress on the implementation of MEAL activities and MEAL Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in project learning and reflection events
- Ensure Program’s MEAL systems are responsive to changing donor requirements
- Identify bottlenecks in the program MEAL systems, recommend appropriate solutions and ensure follow-through.
- Facilitate operational research for contextual understanding, identifying opportunities, vulnerabilities, capacities and resources.
- Work to ensure that lessons learned and best practices are incorporated into new program design
- Significant monitoring and evaluation experience (4 years+) in humanitarian/ Child Protection or development contexts
- Demonstrated experience in program design monitoring and evaluation or management, having served at such a position before for at least one year.
- Degree, preferably in statistics, information management, management, social Sciences or related fields
- Experience of developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation strategies, including design of systems and tools, data analysis and report writing
- Must be conversant with both qualitative and quantitative data collection methods and analysis.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills will be crucial in this role as you work to maintain the highest levels of quality in all of our programmes and projects.
- Proven track record and experience in developing M&E plan, systems and database using MS office applications (additional experience with Excel, Access or SPSS is preferred).
- Proven ICT skills especially in the development of MIS software using database software
- Strong knowledge and proven experience on developing and analyzing logical and conceptual framework
- Ability to train partners and staff on developing and maintaining the M&E system Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team and manage complex and sensitive organisational relationships
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to promoting child rights.
- Ability to manage complex workloads and deliver work to tight deadlines
- Ability to travel frequently
How to Apply
Send your updated application letter and CV ONLY to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 30 January 2023 at 17:00 EAT. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Child’s i Foundation is committed to safeguarding vulnerable children and adults from sexual exploitation and other forms of harassment and abuse. Rigorous background and reference checks will be conducted in the course of the recruitment process.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda