Job: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Coordinator (MEAL)
Organization: Malteser International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
Job Summary: The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Coordinator (MEAL) supports the Country (CC) and the project team in implementing and monitoring of Malteser International funded in Uganda. The MEAL is responsible for the day-to-day reporting and feedback from the field to the Kampala office. The MEAL supports the CC in the fulfilment of reporting requirements and documentation as per donor and Malteser International (MI) regulations, also in terms of administrative and logistical issues. Together with the project manager, the MEAL contributes to the timely, efficient, and effective implementation of the project in accordance with the project’s proposal and Log Frame.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor project compliance with MEAL Policies and Procedures
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of the MEAL system, including MEAL SOPs, guidance, and tools, in line with Malteser International, MEAL approaches, standards and procedures
- Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for MEAL
- Support programme staff in planning for and executing MEAL, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis, and use
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment, or review
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analyses, lessons learned and reports
- Capacity building and training of programme and MEAL staff on MEAL technical and conceptual areas
- Supervise and mentor MEAL staff in executing MEAL plans
- Contribute to the design of MEAL staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for MEAL needs
- Ensure maintenance of the MEAL system including conducting reviews of progress against benchmarks, facilitating consultations and trainings, and coordinating reviews and updates
- Ensure the implementation of MEAL guidance, tools and procedures (including consultation with programme staff to determine needs and appropriateness, draft documents, facilitating consultation on documents, and rolling out finalized products)
- Provide technical and surge support to field teams on monitoring and evaluation processes with a particular focus on data collection and analysis initiatives through regular field visits
- Support the use of mobile phone data collection by training field staff, creating questionnaire templates and providing administrative support
- Conduct training on Monitoring and Evaluation
- Compile periodic quantitative output reports from programme staff
- Provide technical and surge support for quantitative and qualitative analysis for assessments, donor reports, and other processes
- Provide support and capacity-building to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officers
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, social sciences/humanities discipline from a recognized university
- Post graduate training in M&E and/ project management is an added advantage
- At least three years of practical experience and knowledge with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an INGO, in monitoring and evaluation, research and data management
- Demonstrated ability to build staff capacity and capacity strengthening best practices.
- Knowledge of technical principles and concepts of learning and accountability
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver required results in a timely manner and with high quality
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher) as well as SPSS & STATA, Access, Power BI, and Visual Basics
How to Apply:
Please kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, and copies of diplomas) preferably as one attachment at the link below.
Deadline: 24th February 2021 EAT.
NB: Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin.
- Address Kampala, Central Region, Uganda