IDI has received a five-year transition award entitled USAID Local Partner Health Services-TB Activity. The purpose of the Award is to increase TB case detection and treatment success in Uganda to 90% of all cases and thus contribute to substantial reduction of Uganda’s TB burden by 2026. IDI will work through technical assistance to the national TB Program in the three districts of Kampala, Mukono and Wakiso and Regional Referral Hospitals to increase availability, accessibility and utilization of integrated TB/HIV and MDR-TB services.
The MEL Officer shall head the data management section of LPHS-TB Activity. The MEL Officer will provide overall management of data, oversight of documentation within the facilities, mentorship of health facility and district staff in capturing and management of HMIS data in line with current national and USG guidelines. S/he will collaboratively work district biostatisticians to provide technical oversight of data teams and health facility teams to ensure generation and maintenance of high quality data that informs TB and TB-HIV service planning and implementation efforts
- Propose and implement methods to enhance the quality of data collected by the district health information teams and project data officers.
- Propose and implement enhancements to data management system to meet the project objectives
- Carry out data analysis from the database and provide relevant reports.
- Perform routine backups and ensure security of data captured into the project HMIS & other electronic databases.
- Acts as the point person for all data related requests and ensure that users’ data needs are satisfied.
- Train appropriate staff at partner facilities and the district on how to collect and manage data
- Provide on-going support to ensure quality of data gathered.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency of data entered into the project data management system, hybrid and DHIS2
- Produce and distribute reports and summaries of data for project reporting and other purposes
- Perform analysis and interpretation of data as & when required for project requirements.
- Liaises with the project M&E team and key stakeholders to ensure timely preparation of periodic reports and data summaries.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Desirable Skills & Qualities
- At least 5 years’ experience in data management.
- Experience in navigation of DHIS2 and USG data requirements.
- Previous experience in supporting busy TB, TB/HIV district data systems is an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills and is able to work in teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, IT or relevant field
- Additional training in data management packages is an added advantage
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda