Title: Membership Recruitment and Retention Officer
Responsible to: The National Executive Secretary
Responsible for People: Database entrants, Regional Commissioners, Training Committee, District Commissioners, District Executive Commissioners, Guide Leaders and various branch leaders.
Key Working Relationships: Programme Officer, Project Managers, Regional Commissioners, District Commissioners, District Executive Commissioners and Regional Committees.
Job Purpose: The Membership Recruitment and Retention Officer will assist the association in the
maintenance of member relations and support the board in communication with members. The role will require working closely with the board to deliver the Association’s membership strategy. She will maintain the members database, assist in the administration tasks of member recruitment, track member satisfaction and assist in monitoring member engagement with the relevant members of the association
• To work in partnership with programme leads from across the organisation to ensure UGGA members benefits are delivered through the existing regional structure to our various districts, overseeing the co-ordination of support for regional activities.
• To ensure that the information and intelligence about regional and district (local associations) needs, collected by relevant volunteers and staff, is recorded within UGGA database systems and is available to inform the UGGA strategy and planning processes.
• In conjunction with the Finance and Regional Commissioners propose a budget for each region to deliver the regional plan and undertake active monitoring of the regional budgets.
• To review regional plans and provide guidance to volunteer leads as needed, particularly with regard to:
The strategic goals and objectives of proposed activities
o Programme and provided content of activities together with the training committees and programme lead/officer.
o Recruitment and activation of members to support activities.
o Maintaining an accurate and up to date database of the association
o Monitor existing member engagement and subscription payment
o Be the primary point of contact for new membership enquiries and ensure
responses to all such enquiries are made in a timely manner.
o Assist the chief commissioner through the finance department to ensure membership fees are paid on time and any long overdue fees are addressed with urgency.
o Work closely with programme officer in identifying opportunities for more recruitment of members and enrolment of members through programmes and UGGA opportunities.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only to highlight the main requirements of the post holder. The line manager (National Executive Secretary) may stipulate other reasonable requirements.
The job description will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change.
• Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
• Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
• Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
• Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
• Have an understanding of the membership organisations dynamics
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent MS Office skills.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with third parties.
A track record of problem solving.
• A bachelor’s degree in development studies or social work, social administration, Business Computing, Computer Science or Information Technology.
• Must have knowledge of database design and theories
• Must have knowledge of database structure languages
• Must have Experience with server installation and maintenance
• Must be familiar with database management best practices
• Must have knowledge of IT security best practices
• Ability to work with data architects and other IT specialist to set up, maintain and monitor data networks.
• Must have knowledge of database structure management and administration.
Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy.
All applicants must attach professional, academic Documents and any other relevant information to the post applied for, National ID and motivational letter stating why you’re the most suitable candidate for the post applied for is a must.
Applications should be submitted to:
The Chief Commissioner,
Uganda Girl Guides Association, P.O. Box 696,Bombo Road, Kampala and in soft copy to; email@example.com
Applicants can access a detailed job description and requirements on the UGGA website, www.girlguidesuganda.org and also at UGGA Headquarters’ notice board at Buganda Road, Bombo.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda