MANAGER AIRWORTHINESS (P4) (REF: CAS/HR/004/2022-2023)
The Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency (EAC-CASSOA) is a self-accounting institution of the East African Community. The Agency is looking for a highly motivated, result-driven, and qualified professional from citizens from all EAC Partner States to fill the following position in the Agency.
|JOB TITLE:||MANAGER AIRWORTHINESS|
|GRADE:||Professional Grade P4|
|DURATION OF CONTRACT:||Five years, renewable once upon satisfactory performance and age requirement|
|DUTY STATION:||CASSOA Headquarters Entebbe, Uganda|
- MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To coordinate and oversee the implementation of the safety oversight programmes and technical support to Partner States related to airworthiness as approved by the Board.
2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(a) Manages the airworthiness department;
(b) Participates in the evaluation of the status of aviation safety and security in the Partner States, and provides technical assistance to the Partner States in oversight activities.
(c) Develops harmonised flight safety standards regulatory formulation and amendments to ensure conformity to international standards.
(d) Develops applicable technical guidance materials for airworthiness, operation practices and procedures to implement the harmonised regulations.
(e) Develops and implements procedures for monitoring the development of international standards and formulate a common regional position.
(f) Convenes and facilitates Working Group meetings to formulate and review harmonised regulations and technical guidance materials.
(g) Develops inputs and implements procedures and guidelines to be followed in obtaining and sharing regional human resources for inspection activities, surveillance, audits and responds to requests for assistance in flight safety related matters.
(h) Develops and implements annual airworthiness mission schedules for evaluation of aviation safety status, implementation of harmonised regulations and conformity to standardisation in the Partner States.
(i) Prepares and provides input for the timely preparation of the Annual Programme of Activities and budget for the Agency for approval by the Board.
(j) Liaises with HR in developing training programmes and providing regional technical training including inspectors’ indoctrination, basic, type, on-the-job and recurrent training on functions of the Airworthiness Inspectors in the Agency and in the Partner States.
(k) Assists /participates in the development and implementation of regional/state safety programmes and the safety management system;
(l) Assists in carrying out a skills audit to develop a data bank in the region for the available and gap of skills in the region related to airworthiness.
(m) Develops and implements Technical Proposals based on the Agency mandate for purposes of soliciting funding from development partners.
(n) Participates and where necessary coordinates programmes aimed at establishing collaborative arrangements between the Agency and development partners.
(o) Participates in meetings and contributing towards the evolution of emerging issues in civil aviation.
(p) Develops and implements procedures and processes necessary for certification and maintenance of the Global Aviation Safety Oversight System (GASOS).
(q) Coordinates and cooperates as a team member with other technical experts in the development, review and implementation of the Annual budgets.
(r) Coordinates and cooperates as a team member with other technical experts in the development, review and implementation of the Annual programme of activities.
(s) Develops and Implements the annual schedule of activities related to the Flight Safety Standards section.
(t) Participates in the establishment of a common personnel licensing examination in the region.
(u) Performs any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Master’s degree in the relevant field or aviation management. A University Degree in relevant field e.g. aeronautical, mechanical, electrical, electronic or telecommunication. An aircraft maintenance engineer’s license with ratings or appropriate approvals.
- A minimum of 8 years management or supervisory experience with a civil aviation administration, directly associated with the preparation and responsibility for implementation of rules, regulations, airworthiness and flight operation related manuals deemed necessary for flight safety, inspection and certification.
- Experience in the preparation, approval and use of airworthiness manuals and related flight operation documentations will be an added advantage
4. SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of legal responsibilities and administrative procedures for the issuance of documents under State of Registry approval relating to supervision of airworthiness.
- Knowledge of the requirements for personnel licensing systems, and of the training, and maintenance of competency of flight and ground crews concerned with airworthiness.
- Sound knowledge of ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices and related documentation.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in computer use and general IT applications.
- Good interpersonal skills, high degree of integrity.
5. ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLICATIONS
This vacancy is open to citizens from all Partner States.
6. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
The above is an established position within the Agency’s organization structure and is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once subject to satisfactory performance and age limit requirements.
7. EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
All candidates applying for the above position must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner States. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
8. RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
9. SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFITS
The established position offers a competitive salary and attractive fringe benefits including house allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme and insurance cover among others.
10. AGE LIMIT REQUIREMENT
The Agency Staff Rules and Regulations stipulate that no candidate above the age of 55 years will be considered for employment in the Agency.
11. HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are advised to send the following:
- Signed application letters,
- Duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA Personal History Form (Download Here),
- Photocopies of academic degrees,
- Professional certificates/licenses, and
- A copy of the national identity card, birth certificate or passport showing the date of birth not later than 17th February 2023, quoting the job advert reference number of the position applied for. The application documents should be sent via email (all soft copies should be in PDF format and organized in one file) or in hard copies and addressed to:
P O Box 873,
Please do not send multiple applications!
- The recruitment of the above job will be subject to the EAC Quota system.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not indicate nationality and age, the reference number, and do not include a signed application letter, duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA personal history form (Download Here), copies of academic degrees/ certificates/licenses and three referees shall be disqualified.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Entebbe, Entebbe, Uganda