PAU/FCS/94/600 MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT (1 VACANCY)
16.1 JOB SUMMARY
This role supports the Senior Management Accountant by optimizing the Authority’s financial management policies, performs financial analysis, prepares financial forecasts, and supports the provision of financial management advice to senior management.
16.2 KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- a) Facilitate the preparation and consolidation of budget proposals into the budget framework paper, as well as the procurement plan to manage
- b) Facilitate and aid in budgeting for resource requirements in the Business
- c) Support the monitoring and reporting of periodical financial performance by facilitating the production of management accounting reports to manage resources of the
- d) Support the monitoring of the Business Unit Work
- e) Extract reports and make analyses of trends in budget
- f) Prepare and submit monthly Bank Reconciliation reports to the Finance Manager for
- g) Reconcile the expenditure accruals and prepayments accoun
- h) Follow up submissions, delays and queries arising out of accountabilities with the responsibility centres.
- i) Receive, register and analyze accountabilities to ensure compliance to management guidelines.
- j) Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to t
16.3 QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
16.3.1 Basic Qualifications
- a) An Honors Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or any other related field b) A professional certification in Accounting and Finance (CPA, ACCA etc).
16.3.2 Working Experience
A minimum of 3 years working experience in Financial Management or Management accounting in a reputable Organization.
16.3.3 Added Advantage
A Master’s degree in Financial Management or Accounting from an internationally recognized University / Institution.
16.3.4 Character and Competencies
- a) Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly staff relations, oral and written communications.
- b) Possession of an impeccable record of c) Accounting and auditing skills.
- d) Computer Skills and application of financial accounting software/systems. e) Analytical and Report Writing
- f) Interpersonal
HOW TO APPLY:
PAU will ONLY consider on line applications submitted through its website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and go to the link “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday, 5th December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach only CERTIFIED copies of ALL the required academic documents like Degrees, Transcripts, Diplomas, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
- Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to email@example.com or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda