Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Procurement Technical Assistant to provide necessary support in different procurement process including coordination with all concerned departments for completing procurement, preparation of bid solicitation documents, processing of payments, pre-qualification of vendors, framework agreements etc.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job locatio
n and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Organize all Procurement process and ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, guidelines and donor regulations.
- Provide suport in preparation of solicitation documents by making photocopies, scanning of documents and gathering of quotations from the market as per supervisor’s instruction;
- Assisting Procurement Team in bid opening process and preparation of files with labeling for bid evaluation meetings;
- Make sure that Procurement files are maintained as per NRC procedure;
- Receive and handle all authorized supply requests for items to be procured, and carry out procurement processes under the supervision of Logistics Manager as per NRC procedures.
- Support requesting department in raising Purchase Requisitions (PRs) by making sure that the PRs are raised as per approved procedure and authorization table, before receiving them for further procurement process;
- Coordinate with the supplier and NRC Warehouse staff on delivery of items. Follow up on Goods Received Note (GRN), Way Bills, Completion certificates and Invoices after delivery;
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure that payments to vendors are made on-time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial systems of NRC;
- In case of partial delivery of goods, ensure that back orders are followed up and finalised in the shortest possible time.
- Identifies possible delays in ordering and makes sure all issues are flagged with the line manager to ensure appropriate action can be taken.
- Plans and carries out price survey and market analysis of suppliers’ in co-ordination with Logistics Manager.
Generic professional competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply chain/Procurement/Logistics
- At least two years’ experience from working as a logistician in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good knowledge of logistics systems and forms
- Previous experience from working with an NGO in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Strong sense of personal integrity and commitment
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal
Only Ugandan nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda