The international Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed force.
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Duty Station: Kampala
Working Hours: 48 hours a week
Reports to: Head of logistics
Purpose of the post:
The Logistics Assistant supports the delegation’s logistics team by following up on and handling requests.
Specific functional responsibilities:
Management of Logistics Databases & applications (40%)
• Responsible for operating and maintaining ICRC logistics standard databases & applications
• Provides user training & support on logistics standard databases & applications
• Manages the monthly stock inventory for all assistance items in accordance with ICRC guidelines
• Ensures all the stock items are accompanied by the appropriate documents
• Ensures that all storage facilities are appropriate for requirements, clean and secure
• Reports to the immediate Supervisor in order to enable him/ her maintaining optimum stock levels, using cards or other systems, this according to regulations in place and instructions received by the immediate Supervisor
• Responsible for the reception, careful inspection of all items delivered to all types of stocks and documents signature
• Responsible for the proper and careful storage of all items and for their packing and loading for distribution to ‘clients’ items delivered to all types of stocks and documents signature Responsible for the proper and careful storage of all items and for their packing and loading for distribution to ‘clients’
• Supervises / checks the Loaders / Head Loaders while working in the store
Procurement and Purchasing (10%)
• Ensures validation and recording of Supply Requests (SRs) according to established criteria
• Ensures accurate and timely follow-up and treatment of Supply Requests in collaboration with the Logistician Provides feedback to the requester concerning status of validated Supply Requests
• Establishes and keeps up to date database
• Liaises with the Administration on financial issues
Transport. Dispatch (5% )
Arranges and executes forwarding of all assistance items, diplomatic pouch, personal effects to final destination as requested Sends back to issuer al Waybills after having signed it
Maintenance, follow-up and statistical reporting using the Log applications
Minimum Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• University degree in Logistics, stores, supply chain management or related field
• Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a Logistics department or environment
• Confirmed computer skills, especially in Excel & Word
• Able to work within deadlines and sometimes under stressful conditions
• Driving skills with a valid driving permit with B and DL classes is an added advantage
• Personal integrity, honesty, discretion and reliability.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Very good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to train others
How to apply
Logistics Assistant must be stated in the email subject.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda