Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University / Institution plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Legal Officer for performing the following duties:-
– Advising the Ministry and its affiliated Institutions on legal matters;
– Participating in analysis and review of policies and laws;
– Assisting in representing the Ministry in Courts of Law or any other legal proceedings to which the Ministry is a party;
– Assisting in drafting Legislations relating to the Ministry and its affiliated Institutions;
– Interpreting laws that have a bearing on the work of the Ministry;
– Providing legal support to the Ministry’s Departments;
– Liaising with the Office of the Solicitor General on all legal matters;
– Evaluating all legal documents submitted to the Ministry;
– Developing and writing legal memoranda and statements as may be directed by the Permanent Secretary;
– Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda