With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Learning and Organization Development Manager
Report to: People and Culture Director
Location: Kampala – National Office
Advert Start Date: 24th November 2022
Advert End Date: 30th November 2022
Purpose of the position:
To lead the delivery of a proactive and customer focused staff Learning and Development (L&D) and Organizational Development (OD) Service in World Vision Uganda developing the service to meet current and future organizational needs through working in partnership with managers and leaders to develop progressive OD and L&D projects, systems and initiatives.
- Assist the Director- People and Culture (P&C) in implementation of the People and culture business plan and continue to enhance the quality of delivery of organizational development and learning service.
- Provide technical support and where required lead the development of and facilitate implementation of Organizational Development projects, programmes and initiatives for the development of the World Vision’s culture, values and Our Promise mindset and behaviors, management of change, employee engagement and wellbeing, talent management, leadership capability and all employee development related initiatives.
- Provide technical support and direction in the development and implementation of change management processes across the organization, in partnership with P&C colleagues and managers
- Participate in and provide technical support in the review of systems, structures, policies and procedures . Provide technical support and guidance in organizational reviews, organizational designs, learning and reflection events and meetings etc.
- Develop and implement an internal communication strategy so that People and Culture issues are communicated effectively on a regular basis throughout the organization.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT/CAPACITY BUILDING
- Conduct organizational needs analysis and lead the development of appropriate plans and Programmes to ensure all employees have the skills, knowledge and experience to perform their roles to the highest standard and meet the near and long term needs of World Vision Uganda.
- Together with line management, develop and deliver comprehensive training programs and learning events to meet the professional development and continuing learning needs for all employee and volunteer categories in line with their role requirements, while developing and communicating clear training/learning goals and measures of success against these objectives; continually develop and facilitates new and innovative formal and informal learning opportunities
- Foster and maintain productive working relationships with external service providers, training facilitators, academic institutions, consultants and internal subject matter experts.
- Develop and Support staff and managers in implementing a Career Development Program that meets both the employees and the organization objectives
- In collaboration with other functions, facilitate a comprehensive onboarding process for new staff focused on the retention, engagement and success of new employees.
- Develop relevant metrics to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs and services offered through L&OD, ensuring their relevancy to the overall mission of the organization as well as short and long term strategic objectives;
TALENT AND LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- Implement the World Vision Uganda talent development and management strategy to ensure the organization has the leadership and technical capability to meet current and future needs.
- Work with the People and Culture Director in planning and delivering the WV Uganda leadership development programme.
- Provide vision and leadership to OD and learning team by managing the staff, performance, development, health and wellbeing issues and resources effectively and in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Prepare and contribute to the development of reports and internal communications to the Board, Senior Leadership Team, Senior Management Team and wider audiences
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or Education, Social sciences/ humanities with a post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management or Organizational Development or Learning and Development.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in managing employee learning, development and training function. Leadership and organizational development.
- Knowledge and experience in instructional and curriculum design and adult learning.
- Knowledge and experience on Training of Trainers.
- Strong internal consulting skills, facilitation skills and communication skills with employees at all levels.
- Project management experience
- Knowledge and experience in e-learning.
- Working knowledge of Organizational Development principles and methods
- Independently motivated, able to meet deadlines and proven ability to follow through on initiatives
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda