Perform different laboratory tests to diagnose the different diseases, identify disease cause and monitor the progression of disease among clients in according to the Baylor Uganda laboratory SOPs
- Perform QA/QC, internal –external QC and PT procedures routinely for all test methods as per the laboratory S.O.P.
- Review and implement capacity building plan (through training, mentorship, support supervision and implement re tooling provision) at COE and all other Baylor Uganda supported sites in line with MOH GCLP and Baylor Uganda standard operating procedures.
- Review and implement safety procedures to maintain healthy and safety aspects and work place needs routinely in line with internationally acceptable laboratory safety standards.
- Perform specimen collection from Baylor clients, referral of specimens and reception of referred specimens then conduct verification and documentation/ accessioning of these specimens in line with GLCP.
- Conduct periodic maintenance procedures for laboratory equipment/machines as per the related service schedule and as well routinely monitor equipment and environmental temperatures in line with GLCP.
- Carryout study related laboratory activities including documentation, plasma processing and trail shipments as per the study protocol and manual of operation in line with GCLP and Baylor laboratory mission.
- Carry out Biochemical, Hematological, and Immunophenotyping tests using automated systems in line with Baylor laboratory SOPs and GCLP.
- Conduct periodic COE lab forecasts of lab reagents and supplies, make monthly requisitions for the required inventory from Baylor main store then manage the COE lab store and as well distribute lab reagents and supplies to lab section users in line with Baylor Lab reagents and supplies SOP and Baylor store procedures.
- Carry out laboratory related research and present researched findings/cases in CMEs, Case conferences and other medical related fora in line with Baylor Uganda and MOH research guidelines.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Laboratory Technology from a reputable institution.·
- Experience in use of GeneXpert Machine and training in IATA is an added advantage.
- Registration with Allied Health council with current practicing license.
- Candidate should have training in GCP, GCLP and HSP.
- 2 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda