Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Uganda Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for vacant positions in our organisation.
|Title||Knowledge Management Officer (1 position)|
|Reports||Technically to the PMER Manager and Administratively to the Manager Epidemics and Pandemics Preparedness and Response|
|Duration||Three (3) years|
The Knowledge Management Officer will be responsible for supporting the Leave No One Behind (LNoB) project that will be implemented in Kyangwali settlement and Bidbidi settlement in Kikube and Yumbe districts respectively. The officer shall support implementation of the LNoB Knowledge Management activities, monitoring, generation and maintenance of project data for the overall project and strengthen Knowledge Networks within URCS and its partners to enable easy and efficient access to quality data and information.
- Ensure routine update on the project performance to all stakeholders
- Build capacity of village COVID 19 Task Forces (VCTFs) to implement functions under the community engagement strategy (CES) for COVID-19
- Support volunteers to use digital capture tools not limited to KOBO collect and support update and management of the various URCS dashboards
- Ensure promotion of use of project data internally and externally to inform evidence-based decisions/interventions.
- Support the development of M&E plan for effective monitoring of URCS roles under LNoB project
- Support the development of LNoB project monitoring tools for output and outcome level indicators as per the project M&E plan.
- Conduct regular monitoring in the project area according to the monitoring plan in close collaboration with Manager Epidemics and Pandemics Preparedness and Response
- Develop the required data collection tools and train data collectors using various relevant tools such as VHT registers
- Collect data on CES indicators under the LNoB project and accordingly report on performance of such indicators
- Prepare monthly and quarterly narrative reports in accordance with URCS internal reporting schedules, partnership and donor requirements
- Work with volunteers, community members and local leaders within the project area to undertake community resources mapping and vulnerability assessments.
- Engage communities and district leaders to discuss feedback on performance of the different surveillance indicators in communities on a bi-annual basis
- Together with district officials, development partners, CBOs and Local leaders conduct an IPC assessment at health facilities within the project area and support health facilities to set up IPC committees.
Download application template from here
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer and mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; [email protected] or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 25th October 2021 at 5.00 p.m.
When applying please indicate your preferred location.
Due to large volumes of applications, only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda