UNCDF strategy ‘Leaving no one behind in the digital era’ is based on over a decade of experience in digital finance in Africa, Asia and the Pacific. UNCDF recognizes that reaching the full potential of digital financial inclusion in support of the Sustainable Development Goals aligns with the vision of promoting digital economies that leave no one behind. For further detail on UNCDF strategy, refer to; https://www.uncdf.org/article/4931/global-strategy-leaving-no-one-behind-in-the-digital-era
Since 2013, UNCDF has been implementing a market development approach on digital finance in Uganda. With the support of the Sweden Development Agency (SIDA), UNCDF will execute the “Leaving no one behind in the digital era” strategy in the country until 2024 under the “Connect” Rural Uganda Programme. The Programme has the aim to develop an inclusive digital economy in Uganda with a specific focus on empowering rural communities, smallholders farmers, agri-business and refugees – to lead productive and healthy lives, by expanding access and usage of digital services.
The main expected outcomes of this new initiative include:
- Rural community members in Uganda (smallholders farmers, agri-business & refugees) have the knowledge, skills, and behaviors needed to access and use digital services. They have better access to training and education through digital channels.
- New business models and technologies for delivering services are scaled for rural communities in the education, health, finance, agriculture, and energy sector.
- Rural community members have improved access to and increasingly use digital payment accounts.
- The Government of Uganda implements policies that enable access and usage of digital services
The Knowledge Management Analyst is responsible for the knowledge management and communication of the activities carried out by the Inclusive Digital Economies(IDE) programme.
1. Contribute to capturing and documenting knowledge generated by UNCDF-IDE in Uganda.
- Define and agree with the project teams on the best way to document learnings from new projects, contribute to the definition of the learning questions of each activity.
- Follow up the documentation process with project managers to ensure the documentation meets minimum quality standards for future usage in publications.
- Ensure projects are documented visually (photo and/or video).
- Ensure all reports and visual elements are stored in an appropriate manner and according to the filing systems of the programme.
- Establish and maintain a calendar of projects in Uganda
2. Manage the writing, design and dissemination of the knowledge generated by the programme in Uganda
- Manage the production process all KM outputs for Uganda working with the project teams, relevant operations units, authors, editors and vendors;
- Create and maintain planning of production to ensure the timely delivery of all KM outputs for internal and external usage
- Write papers and articles/blog posts based on the documented results, best practices and lessons learned by each project
- Motivate Uganda team members to contribute to blogs and ghostwrite blog pieces on projects to ensure documentation flow.
- Brief vendors on video projects and monitor such productions on behalf of the team to ensure video production match the quality standards required by UNCDF and its funders.
- Ensure that the branding of each publication is consistent with UNCDF branding guidelines and the programme funders’ requirements
- Manage the dissemination of the publications and videos produced in Uganda through the channels used by the programme on a global level i.e. ensuring the publications are uploaded to the website and disseminated via the programmes Newsletter, Twitter account etc
- Provide training as need be on knowledge products and knowledge sharing tools to the programme team.
3. Contribute to the networking and knowledge sharing among the UNCDF-IDE partners in Uganda.
- Contribute to the development of the programme’s offline and online community of practice in Uganda by curating content relevant to the partners and identifying topics to stimulate conversation and exchanges of best practices among partners;
- Maintain list serves and contact databases for partners and other stakeholders by ensuring the teams’ shares on a regular basis all project and other related contacts for the programme;
4. Support IDE Uganda Conferences, Workshops and Information Exchanges
- Contribute to brainstorming on creating participatory, knowledge enhancing workshops and events;
- Support the IDE team on coordination, organizational details and procurement issues related to events;
- Manage guest lists, invitations, organize the creation of information packages, letters of invitation relevant to upcoming events, work with the relevant operations staff;
- Assist with on-site advance preparations for events;
- With team members, assist in contracting speakers or facilitators, as necessary;
- Ensure that all materials and presentations are available on time, shared with participants, and accessible (including on the UNCDF website);
- Ensure that participants have shared their feedback on workshops/event according to the standard format used by the programme, analyze and provide feedback to teams
- Draft conference/workshop proceedings reports
The Knowledge Management Analyst reports directly to the Digital Country Lead.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication & Relationship Management
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgment
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in communications, public relations, advocacy, or related field with 2 years of experience or BA with 4 years of experience
- A minimum of four (4) years dedicated experience with progressive responsibilities, in knowledge management or communication or another relevant area;
- Proven experience in digital financial inclusion is required;
- Proven experience in management of events and coordination of contributions from different stakeholders;
- Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications; web design and/or maintenance;
- Proven experience in writing engaging knowledge pieces and communications materials;
- Experience working with international organizations, developing country governments, donor agencies and/or NGOs and other civil society groups involved in various sectors of international development;
- Experience with a UN organization/agency is preferable;
- Ability to oversee communication of projects related to financial inclusion, economic development or other issues pertaining to the sustainable development goals (SDGs);
- Ability to translate complex ideas and technical concepts into plain and snappy language;
- Ability to listen and collaborate with a wide range of players, to work independently, being pro-active and taking the initiative;
- Ability to manage new media and share that knowledge with others;
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas;
- Ability to manage events, oversee contributions of other actors.
- Full fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda