Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. [KCL] is a member of the Volcafe group, the coffee division of ED&F Man. It is the oldest and largest coffee exporter in Uganda and the first to become ISO 9001:2008 certified. We buy Arabica and Robusta in all coffee producing regions and export about 15% of Uganda’s coffee production to over 30 consuming countries around the world. The company heavily invests in Uganda’s coffee infrastructure and people. Our quality-oriented business strategy aims to lift up the entire coffee sector and improve the quality perception of Ugandan Arabica and Robusta around the globe.
To ensure we can deliver on our service level to our global network, we are looking for a Junior Trade Analyst to join our team.
General duties and responsibilities:
The Junior Trade Analyst will work at our trading desk and will provide support to the Trader in managing all records and risk aspects related to sourcing and sales, including contract administration, execution, and monitoring of performance of other department that affect our ability to generate results. Responsibilities related to this role are broad and cover a wide variety of support tasks including commercial, accounting, financial, quality, legal and logistics activities. He/She will develop essential business skills and knowledge and establish strong relationships with existing customers and industry contacts. In this role, he/she will have close contact with company management and strategy overall design and is expected a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following skills, experience, and knowledge:
- 3+ years’ work experience in a commercial, logistics, trading commodities or financial services organisation
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree in Agronomy, Mathematics, Economics, Business Management, or Finance preferred but not essential.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Confident and articulate, able to communicate ideas clearly to a diverse audience (written & verbal)
- Commercially minded and able to identify business improvements/opportunities
- Career focused and committed
- Clear thinker and an effective planner who can organise themselves and others
- Strong performance bias; sets high personal standards, goal orientated, ambitious and able to maintain performance under pressure
- Collaborative & inclusive style actively engages stakeholders, colleagues, and peers.
- Determined, resilient and prepared to make a long-term commitment to ED&F Man’s business.
- At ease building relationships
How to Apply;
All interested candidates should send their online application letters and updated CVs with three referees to [email protected] by 15th October 2021. Please note that due to the high level of applications only successful candidates will be contacted and only online applications will be accepted.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and no fees should be paid at all for applying for any roles at Kyagalanyi Coffee Ltd. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion, or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected by local law. We also take reasonable steps to accommodate applicants with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda