Job: Junior Coffee Trader
Grainpulse Ltd is a first of its kind integrated agribusiness company and Uganda’s number one dealer in Agro Inputs, Coffee, Grain and Pulses.
The Company is seeking to recruit a Junior Coffee Trader, whose operations will be predominately in the field.
The Junior Coffee Trader is responsible for providing support in all assigned activities around the sourcing of coffee products and is also required to understand the entire coffee value chain and to incorporate this knowledge in all sourcing activities and discussions with suppliers.
The duties and responsibilities of the position are
a) Assisting with all sourcing activities of agricultural produce
• Understanding the company’s sourcing needs
• Identifying and contacting suppliers
• Evaluating offers from suppliers and negotiating affordable prices and quality
• Tracking orders and ensuring timely delivery
• Liaising with staff members to ensure all products arrive in good condition
• Following up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
• Originating and supporting sustainable sourcing initiatives
• Nurturing existing supplier, identifying and recruiting new suppliers
b) Updating internal databases with order details (dates, suppliers, quantities, discounts, rebates) and maintaining updated records of farmers, co-operatives & aggregators (KYS)
c) Coordinating between partners or customers and co-workers or superiors such as taking calls and answering questions
• Supporting on responsible sourcing initiatives
• Continuously invigorating the supply chain
d) Monitoring the market for commodities availability & upcoming challenges while notifying the business of any new coffee statutory requirements
e) Conducting market research to identify pricing & quality trends
f) Compiling costs for further analyses for various produces and products or any other related services to the coffee business.
g) Compiling costs for further analyses for various produces and products or any other related services to the coffee business.
h) Liaising with the agronomy department to provide feedback on sourcing parameters and support the alignment between activities
i) Engaging and performing in any other project or activity as required from time to time
• The ideal candidate must possess a first degree in Business, Agriculture, Economics, Logistics and/or Finance; with a minimum of 2 years of experience in trading, agri-insurance or sourcing / purchasing of agri-products. Working experience with a recognised trading company in East Africa is an added advantage
• He or she must have a good understanding of supply chain procedures, knowledge of coffee trade cost drivers and business acumen and relationship nurturing.
• The ideal candidate must possess computer skills in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
• He or she must be customer centric with a good business acumen, possess good communication and presentation skills, have strong analytical and numerical skills as well as strong problem-solving skills. The candidate must be a team player, have the ability to keep an overview of multiple tasks and handle pressure, with a high attention to detail and must be open-minded.
• The candidate must also have a strong command of the English language, Kiswahili & Luganda
How to apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview), copy of a stamped recent salary pay-slip to [email protected] by close of business, Friday, 17th September 2021
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Uganda