The IT officer shall take responsibility for monitoring, maintaining and supporting IDI’s entire technology infrastructure within USAID LPHS-TB Project Offices. S/he must be a diverse individual, showing broad technical, organizational and communication skills and be capable of working individually and in a team environment. The IT Officer is also responsible for day-to-day proactive IT service management, i.e., service support and service delivery at the LPHS-TB officers as assigned by the IT Manager, Information Services department
- Evaluate system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs.
- Evaluate expansions or enhancements by studying work load and capacity of computer systems.
- Achieve computer system objectives by gathering pertinent data; identifying and evaluating options; recommending a course of action.
- Maximize use of hardware and software by training users; interpreting instructions; answering questions.
- Maintain system capability by testing computer components.
- Prepare reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintain up-to-date records of preventive maintenance for all hardware and software components.
- Maintain historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions.
- Work with service providers, System Development, Senior IT Specialists and Data Managers to resolve issues with database applications and server systems.
- Meet with relevant users to identify requirements for new infrastructure components, e.g. computing devices, additional data points etc.
- Implement and test upgrades / re-designs of LANs, WANs and other components across the IDI computing infrastructure to meet IDI requirements, resolve performance bottlenecks and maintain reliability as planed and scheduled by the Senior Specialists.
- Periodical review and update of processes to be followed by the Service Desk team.
- Ensure that all user requests for IT services are logged as work orders, assigned to a technician, escalated as necessary and tracked until completion and that users are kept up-to-date on status of resolution.
- Periodically obtain user feedback and comments and implement measures to enhance the quality of service offered.
- Produce regular reports about the operations of the IT Service Desk
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security or related computing discipline is an added advantage.
- Post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Technical certifications include; training in Cisco, Microsoft, Linux, and Database administration.
- Familiarity with IT Operations in a clinical environment is preferable
- Proven experience in monitoring, administering and troubleshooting Ethernet/IP LAN/WAN environments.
- At least 1year’experience in IT related support with solid background in IT infrastructure operations, computer network administration and service delivery
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, customer service approach and possess a professional, confident and empathetic manner.
- Patience and tenacity, dealing with users at their level, identifying creative solutions where applicable to meet/exceed customer expectations
- Proven experience with managing the deployment, maintenance and operations of IT Systems (Windows based) and defining system requirements to meet business needs.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda