SOS Children’s Villages is an independent, locally registered, child-focused, social development non- governmental organization with a strong reputation for providing quality care and protection, education and health needs for vulnerable children. Since its inception in 1991, SOS CV Uganda has reached over 60,000 children, youths and adults directly and indirectly to become empowered and self-reliant to contribute significantly to the needs of their families and communities. Works in partnership with a number of donors, (institutional and corporate agencies) including; Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD), Austrian Development Agency (ADA), Grieg Foundation, ERIKS Development Partner, USAID/Bantwana World Education, European Union, AVIS Foundation, Brand Charity, USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program (UPHSP), Terre des Hommes (TDH), Stanbic Bank Uganda, DHL – Go Teach, Madhvani Group of Companies. SOS Children’s Villages Uganda is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions;
INSTITUTIONAL PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Re-advertised)
We are searching for a dynamic, innovative, resilient and experienced candidate to join our organization as an Institutional Partnership Development Manager. The successful candidate will support SOS CV Uganda to increase funding from institutional donors. By joining us, you will enjoy a diverse and motivated team and a conducive work environment. The position will be based in Kampala, but you will have extensive travel within Uganda and beyond as you work with a different program location team to drive growth of income and portfolio of public grants in the country program through grant acquisition and management. You will play a critical role in building the capacity of SOS Uganda team in grant acquisition, effective grant management as well as strategic donor engagement, positioning and partnerships with key institutional actors. We are the largest global federation of childcare organization operating in 135 countries and territories worldwide that offers you the opportunity to become a global citizen. While all other competitive benefit packages remain constant, we also offer you one of the challenging tasks that would help you maximize your potential and make a real difference in the lives of young children and people in Uganda. You are required to interact with team members from Kampala to Kakiri, Gulu to fort portal, Nairobi to Addis Ababa and beyond.
PRINCIPLE TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Proactively identify and seek donor intelligence on new institutional funding opportunities that match organizational priorities and donor requirements.
• Support and coordinate the development of high quality concept notes and funding proposals for submission to institutional donors.
• Proactively engage donor agencies, national networks and other stakeholders in fostering relations for collaborations and funding.
• Provide grant management and administration support for effective and efficient implementation of institutionally funded programs with a diverse group of donors, partners and staff.
• Facilitate and coordinate institutional funding activities such as cross-national Capacity building, Knowledge sharing with external stakeholders.
• Identify, organize and facilitate capacity building in proposal development, project design and management for Country office staff members through apprenticeship, webinars, trainings and knowledge transfer.
• Explore new opportunities for innovation mainly through research and close monitoring of
• cutting-edge approaches and dynamics in international development.
• Liaise closely with other internal functions and external stakeholders to guarantee adherence to organizational standards and to seek synergies wherever possible
• Lead and/or participate in cross-functional processes to enable SOS Children’s Villages Uganda to maximize its long-term net income and number of institutional partnerships
• Represent IPD Team in meetings/projects/workshops as appropriate.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• We are looking for a seasoned professional with minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in grant writing and acquisition, donor’s contract management and partnership and network building.
• Proven results in institutional partnership development in Uganda and beyond, (preferably within an international NGO/donor organization). Make sure your letterof motivation mentioned some of the successful proposals you have developed.
• Demonstrable recent and substantial work experience in a similar role with a minimum 5 years’ experience and Direct experience in application writing
• A good team builder, innovative and creative, demonstrating high professional standards
• Experience in partnership development, supporting efficiency and relevance of national and regional networks, grant management & proposal development.
• Proven track record of successfully training, developing/mentoring support staff in a decentralized environment
• Master Degree in International Development or other relevant studies OR 8 years’ experience in a similar role
• Analytical thinking skills and ability to influence others.
• Experience in developing, managing and monitoring development projects by NGOs, including multi-actor programs funded by Institutional donors.
• Concrete experience of work and collaboration with national, international institutional donors
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, only electronic application are accepted.
Please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable referees to the address below to reach not later than Tuesday, 25th January 2022:
The Head Human Resources and Administration
SOS Children’s Villages Uganda,
Plot 53 Ntinda II Road
Electronic Applications must be sent as one Single PDF Document not exceeding eight pages to: email@example.com
Applications that are late, do not have CV or certificates or exceeds eight pages or electronically submitted as images will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda