Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working at WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime.
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
We are seeking for a qualified Innovations Specialist identify innovative ways for responding to common conservation challenges faced in the recent programming with an aim to develop, accelerate and scale-up innovative solutions that contribute to WWF Uganda’s conservation work.
Type of Contract – Fixed term
Location: – Kampala
The Innovations Specialist will be responsible establishing enabling conditions for innovation (ecosystem building), designing and facilitating innovation processes to support teams on the ground in developing solutions. To identify and build partnerships around innovation as well as document and share the lessons from the innovation programme at WWF Uganda.
- Review the innovation work of WWF globally and explore what can be built on and replicated in the Ugandan context
- Support ‘mapping’ of the local innovation ecosystem; identify key potential partners, and facilitate connections to promote innovative and collaborative approaches to conservation challenges
- Identify and support local ‘solution’ development goals, and provide coaching to assist the team to co-create solution(s), including: ideation with the ‘right’ partners at the table, conducting empathy work, developing and testing ‘minimum viable product’ (MVP) and prototypes, validating solutions and business plans.
- Catalyse local innovation to develop solutions, with enthusiasm, fresh perspective and support – help the local team as they launch their local innovation journey, to develop solutions to top local conservation challenges.
- Establish sustainable funding models for communities to scale up conservation innovations
- Promote value addition and green employment among women, male and female youth.
- Attract private sector partnerships to accelerate and sustain bankable conservation innovations in climate change, extractives, fresh water, forests, wildlife and Energy.
What you need:
Qualifications and experience
An advanced degree in a relevant subject (such as entrepreneurship, innovation, business, technology). At least five (5) years relevant professional experience in developing and piloting innovations with proven experience and/or experience in leading Innovation processes and approaches e.g. design thinking, human centred design, prototyping, business development, and social entrepreneurship. Experience and or education in the following areas is an advantage: rural and agricultural innovation, nature-based enterprises, natural resources or agriculture economics. Prior knowledge and hands-on experience within the Ugandan/East African innovation ecosystem.
Required Skills and Competencies
Ability to inspire, excite and engage people in experimentation and unfolding their potential to innovate. Ability to come up with creative, practical and lean solutions to solve problems with excellent communications skills, both written and verbal (English). Facilitation skills relevant to drive innovation processes in the intersection between business and conservation. Ability to work independently, persistently and determined while encouraging collaboration, coordination, participation and partnership-building
Good networking skills and ability to apply them to drive open innovation processes and build up a culture of innovation at WWF.
Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
How to Apply
Email application letter, Curriculum Vitae including contact details of three (3) referees, copies of academic qualifications (sent as one PDF document) clearly indicating “Innovations Specialist” in the subject line to: email@example.com Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda