Experience and Other requirements:
- Computer literate, able to use of Microsoft office Applications (MS Excel, MS Word, Power point)
- Excellent communication, planning & organising skills.
- Interpersonal teamwork skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Analytical skills.
- Should have good leadership skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritizes effectively.
- Proven change management and consensus building
- Diploma in Records and Information Management, Journalism, Liberal Arts, Social Sciences, Information Science, Communication and Public Relations and Secretarial Studies.
- Should have obtained a credit in Mathematics and English at O’ Level
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participate in analyzing patrons’ requests to determine needed information and assist in furnishing or locating that information
2. Keeps records of circulation ad materials.
3. Check books in and out of the library.
4. Make archives accessible to a wide range of users.
5. Update the library user database.
6. Prepare monthly Library User Statistics Report.
7. Prepare materials for distribution.
8. Update the publications registers (Accessions Register).
9. Regularly undertake stocktaking and weeding
10. Filing of the Newspapers and photocopying the Paper Clips.
11. Organize materials for UBOS exhibitions.
12. Participate in the preparation of the section’s budget, and workplan.
13. Prepare and submit timely accountability for resources.
14. Perform any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Salary Offer 300000 - 5000000 USD 300000 - 5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda