Position: Human Resources Officer (One Position).
Reports to: Senior Human Resource Officer.
Supervises: HR & Administration Assistant(s).
Location: Kabale-Kigezi Region.
The Human Resources officer is responsible for managing the human resource function for the USAID LPHS-Kigezi Office. He/she will be responsible for managing staff contracts, benefits, and payroll in compliance with USAID and JCRC regulations.
• Oversee the implementation of the JCRC Human Resource management standard operating procedures.
• Develop and manage contracts, files, and payroll processes for project staff.
• Ensure adherence to local labor laws and practices and support staff enrollment in local benefit plans as appropriate.
• Tasked with advising management on local labor law related issues and changes.
• Serve as primary point of contact for the staff medical and group personal accident insurance service providers. This includes ensuring that all staff are covered at all times during the course of their employment.
• Serve as primary contact person for all project staff to ensure HR support is provided.
• Coordinate recruitment process by; advertising vacancies, collecting CVs, screening candidates, setting up interviews for selected applicants with the relevant staff on the project.
• Facilitate orientation of new employees and ensure that the JCRC and USAID rules/ policies/procedures are well understood by all staff, providing guidance as necessary.
• Support new staff orientation, onboarding and other HR initiatives.
• Facilitate the separation of employees due to resignation, termination and ensure that all the necessary exit documentation is completed.
• Oversee proper reporting of labour time and ensure the timely submission of electronic and paper timesheets, and the timely completion and submission of Labor Adjustment Forms, when needed
• Track and record staff leave providing updates to staff on the same.
• Coordinate the staff appraisal and performance evaluation process.
• Establish and maintain the project/personnel paper and electronic files. Keep files in an organized, orderly manner so that records can be referred to and deciphered clearly in the event of an audit or need for historical information.
• Submit detailed monthly HR Reports.
• Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution.
• 3 years’ experience working in an NGO or business environment with demonstrated Human Resources Management experience and high level of responsibility and integrity
• Demonstrated ability to work in teams.
• Ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills particularly as related to report development.
• High confidentiality.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excel.
How to apply
All applications should be addressed to The Manager Human Resource & Development Joint Clinical Research Centre via email: email@example.com . Applicants are STRICTLY advised to apply with a cover letter and CV combined in one PDF document not exceeding six pages quoting the position you have applied for in the subject line. Anyone who does not follow the application procedure will automatically be disqualified.
Deadline: Friday 25th November, 2022 at 5:00pm local time.
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda