Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in Asia, Latin America and Africa with support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to end all forms of poverty World-wide. FH promotes practice of performance, accountability, and risk management in line with FH’s “Transforming Field Experience (TFE)” re-imagination initiative. In Uganda, FH is operational in the Districts of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
All we do, and how we do it, seeks to promote God’s beauty, goodness, and truth in a broken world. As such, we are defined by our ability to make people’s lives measurably better; our ability to deliver impact is the measure of our collective success. For we know that we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God has already prepared in advance for us to do. At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of values called Heartbeat Values.
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
FH/Uganda is actively seeking for qualified candidates committed to its Heartbeat and Corporate Strategy to fill the career openings below on a rolling basis;
Position Type: Full Time National Staff
Reports to: Country Director
Contract Length: 2 years (fixed)
Start Date: December 2022 (To be hired on rolling basis)
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Human Resource Manager will guide and manage the overall provision of human resource services, policies and programs for FH in the country concerned, including administration of general Human Resources practices
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Result #1: HR strategy and Policy development (20%)
Key Result #2: Manage Recruitment and selection processes (20%)
Key Result #3: Team & department management (25%)
Key Result #4: Manage HR Business processes (15%)
Key Result #5: Manage Staff learning and development (10%)
**Key Result #6:**Manage compensation and benefits schemes and legal issues (10%)
Job level Specifications
- Working knowledge and experience in developing HR strategy, HR polices and guidelines as well as functional tools.
- Knowledge in strategy development processes, change management
- Experience in dealing with government departments on issues of visas, registration, tax, movement of personnel etc
- Possess good knowledge of labor law and country legislation
- Excellent technical knowledge on general HR areas as indicated by the key result areas
- Experience in Training and Capacity building
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Human Resource Management or a related field
- Professional Qualification and membership to the Human Resource Association is an added advantage
- A minimum of Eight (8) years of working experience in HR within an NGO
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organized, with the ability to proactively solve problems
- Strong working knowledge of computers and MS Office Suite, ODOO and Orange Hrm
- Ability to travel (up to 20% per year, domestic and possibly internationally)
- Ability to gather and analyze critical information for reporting and designing systems such as pay scales
- Culturally aware and sensitive
How to Apply
Employment with FH offers an attractive package which includes; a good salary commensurate to one’s role, a good medical insurance package for staff and dependents, provident fund, GPA and provision for other statutory requirements.
FHU is an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 25th November, 2022 at 4:30pm. Consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us by 20th December, 2022
Safeguarding & Protection Clause:
FH strives to provide an environment free from Sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and Fraud in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against Sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and Fraud. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat, Anti -Fraud, Safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Food for the Hungry Safeguarding, Anti-Fraud & HR policy. In line with this we will request information from applicants’ previous employers about any findings of fraud, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By applying, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Disclaimer: It has come to our attention that several agencies or persons, are claiming to be acting on Food for the Hungry’s (FH)behalf in recruiting or facilitating the recruitment of personnel. FH does not outsource its recruitment process to any organization or agency which, through website postings, mass e-mail messages or otherwise claims to be doing recruitment on its behalf. FH does not solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. FH will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda