Assist and coordinate with the QHSE Officer to promote safety awareness, provide guidance and direction for the operation of the organization’s Safety Management System.
• In charge of implementing all the requirements of Health, Safety and Environment programmes in the company.
• Routinely inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
• Conduct worker training in areas such as safety laws, regulations and use of safety equipment.
• Compile, analyse, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents.
• Work closely with the safety committee on issues regarding safety.
• Work together with section supervisors to ensure compliance to safety Standards.
• Investigate safety incidents and develop mitigation and corrective measures.
• Carry out safety, health and environmental audits.
• Develop environmental and social management plans.
• Develop waste management policy and its implementation.
• Develop and implement Safety, Health and environmental management system as per ISO 14001:2015.
• Spearhead sensitization of electrical safety.
• Maintain appropriate fire protection equipment and training.
• Tasked with analysing risk, proposing methodology to mitigate risk, ensuring zero accidents and thefts on site.
• Ensuring project compliance in relation to Health & Safety at all levels.
• Ensure mandatory PPEs are properly and effectively used by all staff while at the work place.
• Carry out Environment Health and Safety Audits.
• Ensure that all staff adhere to safety policies and work instructions.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
• Diploma in science discipline in Environmental science, mechanical, Health, Safety and Environment, Manufacturing or related field.
• Minimum three years of working experience in the Health, Safety and Environment, Manufacturing or related field.
• Must have attention to detail, problem solving skills, conflict resolution, leadership skills, good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to take initiative and good decision-making skills.
• Familiar with ISO 14001:2015, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. And ISO 45001:2018.
How to Apply
Please visit our website: www.earoofing.co.ug or send your application, CV and academic documents on email: email@example.com
Deadline to submit your application is: 11th December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offer 300000 - 5000000 UGX 300000 - 5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda