Job: Head Risk Management
Organization: Bank of Baroda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
About US: The Bank of Baroda Uganda Limited, also known as the Bank of Baroda Uganda (BBU), is a commercial bank in Uganda. BBU is involved in all aspects of commercial banking, focusing on large corporations, small and medium enterprises, and individuals. BBU is a subsidiary of the Bank of Baroda (BBI), an international bank with headquarters in Mumbai, India.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Risk Identification
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Measurement
- Risk Monitoring
- Risk Controls
- To take Risk mitigation measures
- Drafting of new policies/ Manuals of the bank (with the help of concerned department)
- Review / amendment / modification all existing policies and manual of the bank
- To facilitate various Departments to put forth their perspectives, understand the concerns of the Supervisor, discuss the required Risk Mitigation Measures and Monitorable Action Plan (MAP).
- To receive emails from BOU, promptly peruse them and seek the relevant information data from respective functional departments.
- To facilitate Meeting with MD, EDs and BHs of our Bank for setting the agenda for the conduct of Risk Based Supervision of our Bank.
- To ensure smooth conduct of onsite examination by BOU Team by facilitating Interviews/meetings of different Functional Heads/ officials and handling the indents for information data from BOU Team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must be a graduate with a First Class or Upper Second Class degree preferably in Commerce/Accounting & Finance. Additional qualifications/ certificates in ACCA, CPA etc. will be an added advantage.
- Applicant should possess leadership, team building, computer and excellent interpersonal communication skills, besides high degree of integrity & confidentiality with ability to work with minimum supervision.
- At least two years of experience in Risk Management in a Financial Institution.
- Age: Preferably up to 40-years. However, Management reserves the right for determining the age criteria even beyond -40- years keeping in view the market conditions vis-à-vis requirement of the Bank based on experience / qualifications.
Remuneration: Bank offers an attractive pay package with good career prospects.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send typed applications with full C.V., names of two referees with self-attested photocopies of academic/professional/ experience certificates, proof of age, copy of valid Driving Permit, e-mail ID & Mobile Telephone number etc should be sent in a sealed envelope to: The Executive Director, Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited, 18, Kampala Road, PO Box 7197, Kampala. NOTE:
- Envelope containing application must be clearly marked “Application for the post of Head Risk Management.”
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for selection
- process as decided by the bank.
- No communication will be sent to applicants whose applications
- not found suitable during short-listing.
- Bank reserves the right to reject / accept any application and to relax / alter any condition without assigning any reason.
- Bank reserves the right not to make any appointment as a result of the selection process.
- Eligible candidates for the post of will undergo Road Test, Reserve Parking, Highway Code Road signs and driving theory to be conducted by the Uganda Police Driving Testing Centre, Naguru, Kampala, in presence of a Panel of Bank Official.
- Thereafter the short-listed candidates will be subjects to personal interview.
- Final selection will be subject to finding the candidate medically fit by Bank’s Panel Doctor.
- If any information with regard to Qualification, Age, Experience, and background checks etc. if found at any stage to be false the Bank reserves the right to cancel the selection appointment at any stage.
Deadline: 15th April 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush5000000 UGX 0-ush5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda