VACANCY-01: Head, Public Relations Department
Duty station: Electoral Commission Headquarters
Reports to : Secretary, Electoral Commission
Tenure : Four (4) years renewable contract
Salary Scale: ECS2 (FIXED)
To build and maintain a good image of the Electoral Commission as a credible institution in charge of elections in Uganda.
Key Result Areas:
- Responsible for the entire range of Public Relations through planning, developing and implementing appropriate strategies;
- Providing publicity support for all Commission programs and activities;
- Advising the Commission and Management on a regular basis on how to enhance the image of the Commission;
- Fostering community relations through appropriate events and initiatives;
- Supervising the preparation of promotional materials and multimedia programs;
- Preparing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
- Planning and budgeting for resource requirements of the Department and monitoring their usage for efficiency;
- Managing and appraising the performance of subordinate staff and providing guidance and feedback for improvement;
- Creating and maintaining a working atmosphere that fosters teamwork and creativity in the Department;
- Acting as the Electoral Commission spokesperson;
- Any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelors Degree in Mass Communication or Communication and Media Studies or Marketing or a closely related field from a recognized University/Institution and a Master’s Degree in any of the foregoing disciplines or in a Management related field.
Minimum Working Experience:
Eight (8) years relevant working experience at least three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Principal Officer in government or equivalent level of relevant experience in a busy and reputable organization.
Preferred Skills and Competences:
- Knowledge of Government policies and administrative procedures.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills and capable of working as a member of the organization’s senior management team.
- Ability to lead, cultivate team spirit and motivate qualified and specialized staff.
- High integrity.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Excellent written and spoken English with strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Computer knowledge (MS Office).
Age: Between thirty-five (35) years and fifty (50) years.
Mode of application:
Applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and day time telephone numbers of three referees, copies of certified academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to the Human Resource Office/Central Registry or mailed to the address indicated below, not later than Friday 6th October, 2023
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the post of ……………”
Secretary, Electoral Commission
P.O. Box 22678
- Salary Offer 300000 - 5000000 USD 300000 - 5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda