Job: Head of Risk
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About US: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Head of Risk is responsible for providing leadership in the development and management of the institution’s risk framework to enable the measurement, coordination and management of the institution’s financial and non-financial risks in line with UGAFODE (MDI) Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic Risk Management: In conjunction with Board Risk Management committee, formulate or review a comprehensive risk strategy and ensure implementation in UGAFODE (MDI) Ltd.
- Risk Assessment and Reporting: Reviews all internal, external audit reports, assess and quantify financial and non-financial risks and develop mechanisms for reporting and resolving non-compliance to laws, regulations and supervisory requirements to relevant stakeholders.
- Operational Oversight: Maintains close oversight of risk operations (application workflow, credit scorecards, people, processes and systems) and ensure they are working optimally.
- Regulatory and Compliance Management: Monitor business compliance with regulatory requirements and control frameworks, escalate issues of non-compliance and identify and follow-up on training and communication needs.
- Stakeholder engagement: Builds professional stakeholder relationships both internally and externally, displaying excellent abilities to listen, advise, influence, negotiate and present at all levels regarding risk issues affecting the bank.
- Financial Management: Compiles departmental budgets and forecasts and manage the delivery and monitoring thereof implementing cost savings and other financial efficiencies where appropriate.
- Support with risk awareness in bank projects: Identifies, assesses and manages potential risks in all bank projects, investments, processes and procedures by highlighting potential risks and due mitigations to avert potential financial and non-financial losses.
- Risk Training: Proposes, initiates and oversees the implementation of Risk trainings and awareness to staff to resolve any likelihood to risk in the strategic, operation and credit business to support the efficient bank’s business operations and induction training to new staff.
- Team Leadership and Management: Takes full responsibility for performance management of all direct reports, focusing on all aspects of sound people management e.g. Recruitment, Development, Performance Management, Remuneration and Rewards, Career path planning, On-the-job training, coaching & mentoring and Employee engagement
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UGAFODE Head of Risk job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, Statistics Business or Commerce. Professional risk management qualification (PRM, FRM, GARP, ISO 31000 etc.)
- At least five years in a banking/Microfinance business operations with preferably 2 years in Finance, Supervision, Risk Management/Audit
- Excellent relationship building, influencing, facilitation and presentation skills at all organizational levels
- Strategic thinking and implementation skills
- Sound business acumen and project management skills
- Analytical and attentive to detail, with an ability to maintain objectivity
- Team leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of relevant risk management frameworks, guidelines tools and techniques, e.g. credit, operational, liquidity, market, compliance, strategic and reputational
- Sound understanding of the use of rating systems, Value at Risk (VaR) and stress testing
- Financial acumen encompassing knowledge of data flows and on-off balance sheet items
- Proficient with MS Office and relevant risk management applications.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please submit application letter together with an up to date CV to our email only: email@example.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject Line e.g. “Head of Risk”). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource.
Deadline: 21st April, 2021 but applications will be viewed on a rolling basis.
NB: Ladies are encouraged to apply.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush5000000 UGX 0-ush5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda