It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes, a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Head of Programmes to play a vital role in our vision to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030. We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leading role in the implementation of the overall Country Programme Strategy, ensuring an integrated programme approach that adheres to international WaterAid standards and policies.
- Take specific responsibility for coordinating, managing and reporting on the implementation of programmes in accordance with donor proposals, guidelines and ensuring high quality programming.
- Manage Programme teams to deliver on the programme strategy, providing leadership and guidance in line with WaterAid HR policies and procedures.
- Work with Head of Finance and Project leads to ensure close management of relevant budgets and expenditures in compliance with donor guidelines.
- Work across functional teams to contribute to the overall effectiveness and impact through participating in various national and international forums/ platforms and initiatives in a bid to have sustainable improvements in the provision of safe water, sanitation and hygiene for the poor and marginalized in Uganda.
To be Successful, you will need:
- Masters level qualification in WASH related disciplines such as Environmental health, Public Health, WASH Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Gender and WASH, Financing and WASH. Or equivalent.
- Extensive experience working in a development and/or humanitarian context, with prior 7 years’ experience in senior programme management, including experience in planning, developing and evaluating Programmes.
- Prior WASH related experience is a must
- Strong strategic leadership and managerial skills to co-ordinate the WaterAid program team to deliver on WaterAid strategic objectives.
- Advanced written and spoken english
- Significant experience of programme design and successful proposal development.
You can find the full Job Description and the application form HERE>>>
Fill in the application form and send with a cover letter to [email protected] by 6th August 2021 stating Head of Programmes in the subject line.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behavior, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunity, disability and gender confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality.
No recruitment agencies please.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda