DUTY STATION: HEAD OFFICE
POSITION: HEAD OF FINANCE
About FINCA Uganda:
FINCA Uganda is a subsidiary of FINCA Impact Finance and part of a network of 20 microfinance institutions and banks that provide socially responsible financial services that enable low – income individuals and communities to invest in the future. FINCA Uganda currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda, one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world.
FINCA’s Mission is to alleviate poverty through lasting solutions to help people build assets, create jobs and raise their standards of living. FINCA’s purpose is to be an unconventional community – based bank that profitably and responsibly innovative and impactful financial services to enable low income individuals and communities to invest in their futures. Our core values focus on empowering our staff to offer excellent and quality service.
FINCA is looking for a dynamic person to join their team of professionals as Head of Finance
Details are highlighted as follows:
Reports to: Executive Director
This is a Head of Department role and will responsible for managing all Finance, Accounting and Treasury of FINCA Uganda, and supervises its entire finance staff. S/he will ensure that the finance activities of FINCA Uganda will support FINCA Uganda in pursuing its mission with minimum risk and maximum efficiency. As Head of Department and member of the Management Team s/he shares responsibility for the overall performance and activities of FINCA Uganda, and participates in making decisions on material issues.
Key duties and responsibilities:
The Head of Finance will be responsible for the following:
1. Managing and developing of Finance staff.
2. Accounting and reporting to various authorities.
3. Reviewing, monitoring and controlling of accounts and reports
4. Conducting financial analyses.
5. Developing of and enforcing of regulations, policies and procedures for finance activities.
6. Ensuring compliance of finance activities in line with policies, covenants and agreements with various stakeholders.
7. Managing Treasury and liquidity.
8. Planning and budget management.
9. Management of various stakeholders.
10. Confirming that the financial reporting processes in the Core banking are aligned to local GAAP or IFRS.
11. Executing the role of an Executive Committee member as defined by the Charter and the Regulation on Management team/ Executive Committee.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Degree in Accounting with CPA/ACCA or Chartered Accountancy equivalent required.
2. MUST be an active member of ICPAU
3. Master’s Degree preferred.
4. At least 3years experience at management level and leading finance teams in preferably a regulated financial institution.
• Leading With Integrity
• Employee Engagement
• Achievement Focus
• Overcomes obstacles creatively
• Responsible for Results
• Financial Responsibility
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position, pay (verifiable, salary expectation and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: [email protected]
FINCA is an opportunity employer with attractive salary and benefits
Deadline: 24th September 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda