Our client Sprout Capital Investments, a private members investment club would like to recruit a General Manager to manage its bulk grain purchase, storage, and milling business enterprise. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the business, including daily operations, administrative functions and finances as well as have overall responsibility for overseeing the implementation and execution of the organisation’s business strategy and attainment of its business objectives. The individual will be expected to play a key leadership role in driving profitability and growth and advising on strategic direction of the company.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the operation and financial management policies and procedures for the efficient running of the business.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of sound financial management strategies that support efficient cost management for the business for improved profitability.
- Coordinate the budgeting process for the business to ensure adequate budgetary allocations, establishment of strict approvals, as well as adherence to the approved budget allocations across the business functions and departments.
- Create, review, and oversee the implementation of effective business plans and strategies, as well as effective project management and program implementation.
- Build the company image by collaborating with all key stakeholders including customers, government, community organizations, and employees, ensuring ethical business practices
- Oversee as well as provide leadership for all the other key functions of the business such as Finance, Procurement, IT, Operations and Administration
- controls and process to ensure robust internal controls, compliance as well as support business growth.
- Provide leadership to the organisation’s staff, monitor and evaluate staff performance and appraisal to promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to quality.
- Overall responsible for promoting a conducive working environment as well as ensuring compliance with the laws and regulations such as Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) measures at the workplace.
Competencies and skills
- The successful individual must have a very good understanding of the agri-business value chain especially with regards to grain and cereals business operations, buying and selling, processing and bulk storage.
- Be skilled at managing and leading employees and making sound decisions for the company.
- Experience at budgeting, planning, and business strategy management and implementation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good leadership skills with a proven track record of successful leading and motivating diverse teams.
- Ability to multitask, a critical thinker with excellent organisational as well as time management skills, a person with a very high level of integrity as well as very strong analytical skills.
Qualifications and experience
- A good Honors Degree in Business, Management or any related field is required.
- A Master’s in Business Administration or any other professional business or project management qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least fifteen years (15) working experience of which not less than five (5) years must be at a senior management and leadership position in an agri-business business preferably in a grain or cereal business trading, storage of milling enterprise.
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their CV and a cover letter highlighting how their experience is relevant to the Duties and Responsibilities described above to [email protected] by not later than Friday 24th September 2021.
The CV must include 3 referees including their e-mail address and telephone number.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda