Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Manager, Uganda
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Manager for an anticipated program in Karamoja, Uganda, funded by USAID. The activity will build households’ resilience, focusing on food and water security, so that households can mitigate and adapt to shocks and stressors without compromising their health and nutrition or losing their livelihoods.
The GYSI Manager will lead the development and implementation of the program’s overall strategy for GYSI and will ensure the integration of women, youth, and other vulnerable populations into all program activities. The program is anticipated to start in 2023 and this position is envisioned to be based in Moroto or Kampala, Uganda.
- Lead the development of the GYSI strategy which will guide the integration of GYSI concepts and approaches into all program activities, including technical implementation, monitoring, operations, policies, and procedures
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party, technical teams, MEL, and other personnel on GYSI strategy implementation and monitoring
- Lead or assist in the design and implementation of GYSI analyses, impact assessments, and other learning studies
- Provide technical advice and trainings to program staff, partners, and stakeholders to build their capacity to integrate gender, youth, and other relevant social considerations into designing interventions, implementation, and M&E
- Review and provide input to project work plans, with attention to GYSI dimensions of technical activities and operations and discuss GYSI issues and priorities with project senior management and other technical specialists
- Support the M&E Lead to ensure that all data is disaggregated by sex and age in data collection processes, analysis, and reporting
- Work with M&E and technical teams to incorporate GYSI into CLA plans and practices, including developing GYSI indicators and learning questions, incorporating GYSI issues into pause and reflect sessions, and ensuring that the project reports on GYSI outcomes and impacts
- Lead or assist in the preparation of reports and documents for submission to USAID and ACDI/VOCA home office
- Write, coordinate, and disseminate lessons learned among team and program stakeholders
- Maintain an up-to-date and thorough understanding of GYSI related to project components
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, gender, international development, economics, business administration, or related field is required; master’s degree is desired.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in international development, including 5 years of experience managing staff in GYSI programming.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID and/or other international donor programs’ rules and regulations related to GYSI is required.
- Knowledge of proven approaches and best practices for integrating women, youth, and other historically excluded populations into access to finance, agriculture, and/or market systems programs.
- Knowledge of do no harm, women’s empowerment, and positive youth development frameworks and approaches is encouraged.
- Experience conducting gender analysis and research a plus.
- Experience working with GYSI considerations (constraints and opportunities) in Karamoja, Uganda, preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Ugandan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Uganda, Uganda