The Gender and Health Specialist possess strong analytical skills and demonstrated experience in qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation, particularly related to gender, including gender-based violence, gender transformative approaches, sexual and reproductive health, and adolescent development, domestically and globally. The position is based in Kampala Uganda with 25-30% travel.
The Gender and Health Specialist will work on a range of research projects, evaluations and gender integration partnerships. Her/his work will include work on a range of issues pertaining to sexual and reproductive health and rights, as well as adolescent health, rights, and development. The Gender and Health Specialist will contribute to design, undertake and supervise gender transformative research and program evaluations pertaining to issues related to adolescent health, rights and development and gender equality. Working both independently and in collaboration with others, he/she will help conceptualize research plans, develop qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments, undertake literature reviews and analyses, supervise data collection, analyze data and communicate findings in written reports for various audiences.
Skills and Experience:
A competitive candidate will bring many of the following credentials, skills and experience:
- Two to four years of post-master’s experience in conducting research and evaluation internationally, with a focus on developing countries.
- Proven experience in researching gender, health and adolescent/youth development issues in low and middle-income countries.
- Experience in the design and conduct of formative, operations and evaluation research in health and social sciences.
- Expertise in quantitative, qualitative and/or mixed methods data collection and analysis, to include proficiency with one or more of the following analytical software packages: SPSS, STATA, Atlas.ti, NVivo or similar packages.
- Experience in providing training, capacity building and/or technical assistance for research and programming on gender and health issues.
- Previous research experience for projects funded by USAID, DfID and UN donors highly desired,
- Team player with proven ability to work collaboratively with professionals at different levels, including colleagues, partners, and donor organizations.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- High-level of proficiency in English required and proficiency in another language highly preferred.
Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Public Health, Behavioral Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, Demography, International Development) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or PHD with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
Hiring Range for this Position is UGX 68,976,600 – UGX 89,669,462. All offers are determined by an assessment of the candidate’s years of experience, qualifications and internal and external equity review.
Interested candidates are expected to submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample. Due to the large volume of responses we receive, ICRW is not able to provide candidacy status on an individual basis. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ICRW is committed to promoting a culture of equity through our recruitment processes, staff training, policies & procedures, Board membership, and research programming. We believe that all people deserve an equal opportunity for employment, advancement, and fulfillment – regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are committed to expanding our definition for what diversity means, moving beyond the binaries, and setting new standards for ourselves and across sectors.
ICRW is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. ICRW is an E-Verify Employer.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda