Job: Program Assistant Officer
Organization: Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
About US: The Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U) is a nationwide membership organization promoting the rights of women defenders to a safe and secure work environment with a vision of having a society where fundamental human rights are upheld and respected. We exist to promote a feminist holistic approach integrating a gender perspective as a frame work for protection of WHRDs.
Job Summary: The Program Assistant Officer will provide support to plan and implement capacity building and advocacy activities for WHRDN-U.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In consultation with the Executive Director , assist with conducting regular capacity assessments, training needs of Member Organizations (MOs), understanding the capacity essentials of network members in consultation with thematic heads and WHRD regional focal persons.
- In consultation with the Executive Director be responsible for the design and execution of national WHRD protection baselines
- To develop work plans/operationalize plans for the Capacity building program
- In collaboration with relevant staff, facilitate relevant trainings for WHRDs.
- In consultation with the Executive Director be responsible for planning and implementing the Regional networks meetings, annual events and Annual Members General Assembly.
- To be responsible for the membership recruitment , development and establishment
- Conduct regular coaching and mentoring sessions with network members to provide technical input and expertise to support network members and regional focal persons on WHRD protection issues effective and sensitive referrals and case handling.
- Develop and adapt training materials (handouts, presentations, etc) and tools to monitor effectiveness of trainings, including pre and post -tests.
- In consultation with the ED , assist with monitoring and analysis legal and political developments , human rights and the rule of law and safety of WHRDs in the Country
- Responsible for managing and coordinating annual events and campaigns in consultation with the ED.
- In consultation with the ED, work with network members to identify advocacy opportunities and provide support as required by the network members to implement the advocacy initiatives and strategies.
- Actively participate and represent the organization in various meetings, seminars, workshops etc to share WHRDN-U’s perspectives on various issues
- In cooperation with the Executive Director assist to spear head advocacy and lobbying initiatives for laws and policy reform on WHRDs.
- Performance of any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelors’ Degree in any of the areas; Development studies, Social Sciences human rights, Political Sciences or any other related fields
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience in related field.
- Experience in budgeting, work plans development, participating in program development and proposal writing, projects implementation, and reporting and program coordination.
- Responsible, flexible, adaptable, ability to multitask
- Community mobilization and facilitation skills
- Demonstrate commitment and passion for promoting women’s rights , human rights, and social justice broadly
- Proven commitment to Feminist principles
- Excellent writing and computer literacy skills
- Proven commitment to Violence Against Women Prevention and response work
- Ability to organize and work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders;
NOTE: ONLY FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PREFERRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified persons should submit their application, and CV via email on email@example.com to Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U) addressed to the Executive Director. Please specify the position in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 26th April 2021 at 5:00pm
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush5000000 UGX 0-ush5000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda