Job: Finance Assistant (Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager – Project Support
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant will offer day-to-day financial support to the implementation Financial policies and guidance according to DRC financial management procedures. The position will work in close cooperation with the Finance Officers in Adjumani
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of Obongi cash books for all project budgets and timely submission of weekly cashbook as per cashbook calendar.
- Responsible for cash payments.
- Ensure Project Manager-Project Support carries out physical cash count reconciled at the end of the week (Friday)/Month.
- Support in preparing monthly bank reconciliation and maintaining an updated bank reconciliation file.
- Support in filling returns (WHT LST and VAT) on monthly basis
- Reviews Obongi vouchers before scanning and Supervise scanning of cover sheets and supporting documents and sees that proper filing is done in accordance with donor /DRC requirements.
- Update missing receipt database and share with Supply chain/ admin department for follow up. Ensure to inform Finance officers on log outstanding receipts.
- Assist in internal and external audits
- Ensure to review open X (balance sheet items) for correctness before posting into the cashbook and maintain Cash advice register.
- Support in proper filling of all rebooked transactions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Finance Assistant job placement must hold a Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Part certification in CPA or ACCA
- Two years of INGO or other international agencies experience in finance and operations management in international humanitarian set up.
- Proficient in standard computer applications and various accounting and financial management software. Good knowledge Navision financial software will be an added advantage.
- Good accounting and analytical skills
- Professional, courteous and able to work with abroad spectrum of people.
- Proven ability to manage large and varied workloads, and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Pro-active, stable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others.
- Languages: Excellent Communication skills in English required.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their online applications at the link below.
Deadline: 4th March 2021
- Address Uganda