Job: District Project Assistant (Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry & Fisheries
Project Name: Uganda Multi-Sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Project)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: District Project Coordinator
About US: The functions of the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) are derived from the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda, the Local Governments Act (1997) and the Public Service Reform Programme (PSRP). The role of MAAIF is to create an enabling environment in the Agricultural Sector.
About Project: The Government of Uganda received a grant from the Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP) towards implementation of the Uganda Multi-sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Programme (UMFSNP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to increase production and consumption of nutrient-rich foods and utilization of community-based nutrition services in smallholder households in project areas. The project will innovatively use the primary schools under the universal primary education programme as a transfer pathway for both agriculture and health based nutrition friendly technologies and services.
Job Summary: The District Project Assistant (DPA) will be required to support the District Project Coordinator in; Project implementation, coordination, supervision and carrying out M&E activities. The key duties will include assisting the District Project Coordinator to ensure compliance with the Project Implementation Manual (PIM), compiling M&E activity reports, facilitation of trainings at primary school and community levels and providing feedback to the community, district and national levels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the District Project Implementation Committee (DPIC) to ensure compliance with the Project Implementation Manual (PIM).
- Support the District Project Implementation Committee to plan and execute project activities in a timely manner as planned in the PIM as well as regular Work Plans and Budgets (RWPB).
- Assist the District Project Implementation Committee to undertake the day-to-day management of the District Project Coordination Unit (District PCU) processes and tasks.
- Assist the District Project Implementation Committee to organize human, financial and material resources to achieve the project objectives.
- Support the District Project Implementation Committee to effectively manage, monitor and evaluate project tasks, processes, budgets for achievement of planned outputs.
- Support the District Project Coordinator to ensure good coordination with; the District Production Department, Education Department, District Health Department, participating primary schools and MAAIF Headquarters/PCU, with the aim of facilitating project implementation support, supervision and evaluation missions and implementing recommendations agreed between the missions and the District
- Assist the District Project Implementation Committee to manage the internal and external communication and knowledge sharing of project objectives, activities, outputs and impacts.
- Support the District Project Implementation Committee to prepare and submit mandatory monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual activity and financial reports. These reports include both online (through the GEMS system) and manual reports e.g regular M&E reports, monthly district and subcounty project supervision reports, Assessments, Audit reports, financial reports among others.
- Support the District Project Implementation Committee to monitor and evaluate the project and prepare monthly, quarterly and Annual Performance Reports. These reports include both online (through the GEMS system) and manual reports.
- Supervise and appraise Community facilitators (using appraisal forms from PCU) to implement project activities within the district including timely reporting and proper use of project equipment.
- On a monthly basis, submit to the National PCU the district project performance report that includes both district, school and community level performance. All reports should be approved by the District Project Coordinator and the Chief Administrative Officer.
- In discussion with the District Project Implementation Committee, report to the National PCU any challenges that hinder project implementation within the district.
- Attend project meetings convened by the National Project Coordination Unit from time to time
- Any other project duties as assigned by the DPIC and the National Project Coordination Unit
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold an Honour’s University degree in one of the following fields: Agricultural Sciences, Food Science and Technology, Project Management, Nutrition, Education, Health, Environmental Studies, Community Development or related areas from a reputable university/institution.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the project area is an added advantage.
- Demonstrate experience in either community development and research in in this area or related field.
- Ability to work with and coordinate the activities of a range of public and private agencies, at community, sub county and district levels
- Have ability to coordinate at multi-sectoral level, district and community level
- Ability to competently operate various computer-based work-processing software, spreadsheets and internet
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing
- Ability to work independently, and produce accurate work in a timely manner
- Keen and attention to detail
- Age: Below 35 years
How to Apply:
All candidates should send sealed expression of interest (application letters, curriculum Vitae and copies of academic documents) should be delivered by hand to the address below. Please indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope. All applicants MUST register their Names and sign the registration Form as confirmation of delivery of the application. Applications should be addressed to: The Permanent Secretary Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries P.O. Box 102, Entebbe-UGANDA Telephone: 0414-320 004/323990 Fax: 0414-321 255 Attn: The Commissioner Human Resource Management, Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue Entebbe, Uganda
Deadline: 21st April 2021 by 4pm
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush5000000 UGX 0-ush5000000 Month
- Address Uganda