Job: Administrative Assistant (Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Officer
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is part of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF-DWS), an international humanitarian and development agency. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs.
Job Summary: Under the guidance of the Administrative Officer, the Administrative Assistant professionally carries out Administrative activities professionally and monitors Administrative and office-related functions in a timely and efficient manner according to agreed LWF Uganda and donor guidelines in the designated Sub Program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the front-desk reception area is clean, tidy, and orderly and is adequately served during working hours by handling visitors professionally;
- Maintains a user-friendly directory of frequently used addresses and telephone contacts and maintains the visitors’ book and ensures it is readily available for use;
- Files documents and correspondence in an orderly manner and ensures safe custody of confidential files as required;
- Advises the Administrative Officer of the need for office supplies;
- Receives, verifies and records office supplies procured and maintains accurate records of their issue or usage;
- Assists in preparing all necessary documentation for procurement of goods and services (i.e. procurement plan, supply requisitions, quotations, bid documents, agreements etc.) and ensures that timely payment is made to the suppliers after delivery of goods and services as specified in the LPO and/or contract;
- Carry’s out market survey of commonly used supplies and establishes supplier data base, maintains files of correspondences, reports and supporting documentation relating to procurements as evidence of compliance with the procurement procedures;
- Displays bulletins, notices and communications on the office notice boards as required;
- Oversees and monitors the proper use and maintenance of office facilities and equipment, and ensures availability of required consumable supplies and timely repairs of equipment;
- Arranges venues for meetings, workshops and related activities and takes minutes of proceedings when required to do so;
- Assists in supervising the guard/gardeners, office assistants and drivers, and ensures that they carry out their duties in accordance with their respective schedules;
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the LWF Uganda Program Administrative Assistant job should preferably hold a University Degree in Business Administration, Social Work, Social Sciences, Development Studies or other relevant field of study;
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Administration
- Good Problem Solving, Decision Making, interpersonal, Communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, to remain flexible and to make decisions independently.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email [email protected]
Please use the full job title of the position you are applying for as the subject line
LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. Persons with disabilities and Female candidates possessing the above requirements are encouraged to apply. LWF/DWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 16th April 2021 by 5:00pm
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush5000000 UGX 0-ush5000000 Month
- Address Uganda