Job Title: Financial Inclusion Specialist
Organization: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project manager.
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is an independent non-profit organization that combines innovative research, market systems development, and strategic partnerships to spread sustainable agricultural solutions for improved soil health, food security, and livelihoods around the world.
About the Project:
IFDC is recruiting for two anticipated projects related to Highland Farming Systems and Climate Smart Jobs in Uganda expected to start in early/mid 2022 – 2026. The proposed projects will work with over 100,000 beneficiaries in the highland areas of the three regions of Elgon, Kigezi, and Rwenzori, in northern Uganda and in other areas relevant to agricultural production and processing of project supported crops.
Job Summary: The Financial Inclusion Specialist will coordinate the financial institutions support to promote inclusive finance policies and support the project, to facilitate affordable access to financial services for farmers, households, (M)SMEs and the unbanked and underserved populations, leveraging innovative and technology-led solutions to achieve the ultimate goals of near universal access in the project. He/she will lead in development, improvement, and evaluation to ensure the quality and effectiveness of the Financial Inclusion component of the project and will provide strategic leadership and direction to deliver this component successfully.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify best practice and trends, including role of technology, within the program and innovative financial services business models serving the poor in various sectors such as saving and lending schemes, agri-finance, value chain financing and SME finance
- Lead the development of a program a financial inclusion strategy and upscaling of affordable low- cost rural solutions for financial and non-financial services;
- Participate in the building of partnerships for the promotion of access to finance and collaborate with commercial and non-commercial partners that seek to deliver appropriate and affordable non-financial or financial services to smallholder farmers and households
- Participate in the development of a capacity building plan for financial institutions, to create an efficient platform for the provision of access and financial inclusion solutions to underserved groups in the project areas
- Provide technical advice in developing, planning and implementing financial inclusion strategies and support partner implementation of specific financing mechanisms
- Develop new ideas/concepts that increase uptake of financial services by rural communities-including farmers, MSMEs and households.
- Ensure that the program access to financial interventions conform with the project’s priorities and industry accepted norms and standards in financial models
- Identify and/or develop required financial tools and methodological approaches, and provide technical assistance and training/capacity building to ensure program interventions achieve or surpass established objectives
- Develop a mechanism to measure the impact on partners from the projects interventions and facilitate measurement of partners’ satisfaction financial services
- Contribute to data monitoring and management systems to ensure quality in implementation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or other relevant field.
- At least three years or more of international management experience
- At least three years’ hands-on experience on financial inclusion projects in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Demonstrated experience in designing financial products for rural and marginalized communities.
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint; proficiency in MS Access preferred
- English language fluency required.
- Must be a self-directed, highly organized person who can effectively prioritize and follow through on multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details and proven ability to work independently and effectively
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified should apply online at the link below
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda