Location: Kampala, Uganda
Responsible for supporting the Senior Finance Officer in managing Accounts payable, Receivables and Advances accounts through reviewing and following up on any balances within the supplier and staff accounts. Manage cash and liquidity to mitigate the organization against adverse impact of cash outs, ensure compliance with government tax and other regulations by processing and remitting statutory deduction in liaison with the tax consultant.
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Manage and prepare monthly creditor/liability accounts payable reconciliations by matching supporting documents, booking the transactions in UNIT4 and liaising with vendors to ensure prompt clearance or resolution of pending or disputed items.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations for the country office for review by the Snr Finance officer.
- Review advance and receivable accounts by following up with staff on settlement of cash advances, review of submitted expense reports for errors and compliance to policies advice staff accordingly and posting the approved expense report journals in UNIT4.
- Maintain a monthly schedule of due and/or overdue staff advances for recovery through the payrolls.
- Register and or Post fully authorised and paid EFT transactions in UNIT4 accurately and in line with approved budgets in Unit 4 following the established check lists, for review by the Snr Finance Officer.
- Review of the field bank account reconciliations and submit to the Snr Finance officer for any correspondences that may need attention.
- Fully participate and support in all MTI audits, verifications, and finance reviews. Uganda grant/project audit preparations.
- Review Payroll liability accounts by preparing monthly Payroll to GL to Bank review reconciliation.
- Offset/clear the liability for salary payment in ERP through manual payment.
- Follow ups on action plans from all audit and compliance findings related to finance performance.
- Ensure timely and accurate statutory deductions and filing of monthly WHT, PAYE, NSSF returns to the regulatory authorities are adhered to.
- Work with the snr Finance Officer to review and improve workflows in UNIT4 that involve finance and identify processes that can be automated to create faster workflows from start to end.
- Attend the required donor, MTI HQ and country accounting/ finance policy or donor related meetings.
- Ensure non-finance staff are informed of finance procedures to be followed, to comply with MTI and donor requirements
- Conduct timely performance evaluations for the finance assistant Kampala Office as per the MTI policy
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration, Economics or Commerce is required; Masters Degree is an added advantage
- Minimum Level 3 progressive stage in Accounting certification is required: Full Chartered Accountant or CPA.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in Finance management is required.
- Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong and demonstrated knowledge of Accounting principles, Internal controls, financial systems and relevant donor requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of preparation and presentation of financial statements and audit practices
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems and computerized accounting software such as Ms Office, Unit4, etc.
- Skilled in using ERP system to process financial transactions
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- High degree of analytical and financial reporting skills
- Strong administrative skills in managing documentations and project funding information
- Skilled in training and capacity building
- A good command of both written and spoken English, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position may require occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
How to Apply
Apply online at Click Here to Apply
1. Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria should visit the link above to apply. Please include at least 3 work related referees on your CV preferably people who have worked with you in your current or previous role and understand your competence and conduct.
2. Only online applications will be accepted. Your application will only be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements and system application procedures.
3. Medical Teams International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, Shortlisting, interview meeting, processing, reference verifi cation, training or any other fees)
4. Medical Teams International will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence
or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent
5. Medical Teams International is an equal opportunity employer
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 UGX 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Uganda