FCDO’s Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (WISH) programme (Lot 2) will provide approximately £132m to deliver integrated sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) services in 13 countries in Africa and 3 in Asia. The WISH programme builds on previous successful initiatives supported by DFID and others to expand sexual and reproductive health care services and support countries which have made FP2020 commitments to achieve them. The programme is expected to ensure that women can safely plan their pregnancies and improve their sexual and reproductive health, particularly the young and marginalised.
The 5-year UK aid funded ‘Reducing high fertility rates and Improving Sexual reproductive health outcomes in Uganda’ programme (RISE) began in November 2018 with the goal of increasing the uptake of modern contraceptive use in seven major regions of Uganda. The RISE consortium is led by MSI Uganda.
The Finance Officer is responsible for the efficient, timely and accurate provision of Financial Accounting for all Uganda programmes, compliant with Options quality standards and procedures and donor requirements. The postholder will also be involved in donor reporting, interpretation of financial information and advising senior management on financial decisions. In addition, the post holder will be responsible for complying with Uganda’s taxation law and other legal requirements.
The successful candidate will also work closely with Finance team, Programme team, as well as Options team globally to maintain accounting controls by preparing, and monitoring policies and procedures, prepare payroll in line with local statutory requirements ensuring Options Uganda is making and remitting the necessary employee and employer deductions, provide mentoring and capacity building support to Programme Officer and other staff as needed and to take on line management responsibility as required.
- Member of a recognized accounting professional body, such as Institute of Management Accountants or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration, or related undergraduate degree.
- Significant experience supporting programme finances and administration of government or donor-funded programmes in a similar role.
- Experience of managing payroll and related systems and polices.
- Proficient with accounting software, including QuickBooks.
- Excellent numeracy and financial skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance and 13 month’s salary.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Uganda.
How to Apply
- To apply, please fill in the form Click here to Apply.
- Closing date for applications is 9th October 2022.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate)
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application at your earliest opportunity
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ush50000000 USD 0-ush50000000 Month
- Address Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Kampala, Uganda